Cleaning carbon with the plenum off

gp90se

Ive got my buick off the road for a couple weeks, pulled the plenum today and its pretty clean inside (having the EGR not hooked up makes a world of difference). But, I do want to make it spotless and lightly port it. What is the best way 2 get the carbon to come out easly? I am thinking of soaking it kerocine for a day, then washing it out with a hose.

Anyone have a good trick to get the inside of this thing clean?

Alright, My cleaned ported/polished intake it back on the car. First spayed it down with brake cleaner, then soaked it in Power purple with hot water (broke up the carbon without scrubbing), 4 times and it came out pretty clean. Ported/polished the end of the runners and the TB intake part. Bolted all back together with a new PCV and wireset, the thing revs a whole lot faster then it did prior.

I must be lazy cuz I usually take my intake parts to the machine shop and have them hot steam/tank the parts.They come out brand spanking new and usually doesnt cost more than 15 bucks.EVen though I do enjoy doing my own work on cars,it beats going to the store to buy cleaners and etc and then having to make a mess to clean up.I could never get my stuff this clean.

:)

I must be lazy cuz I usually take my intake parts to the machine shop and have them hot steam/tank the parts.They come out brand spanking new and usually doesnt cost more than 15 bucks.EVen though I do enjoy doing my own work on cars,it beats going to the store to buy cleaners and etc and then having to make a mess to clean up.I could never get my stuff this clean.

:)

:werd: After seeing how clean a Grand Am 3400 intake was just by dipping it in whatever they use, well worth it IMO and I'll definatly do that next time!

:werd: After seeing how clean a Grand Am 3400 intake was just by dipping it in whatever they use, well worth it IMO and I'll definatly do that next time!

That reminds me,The machine shop did wonders for my 86 Corvette TPI set up some years back.Those long tube runners,plenum and long intake manifold was a nightmare to try and clean at home.I gave up and took it to the machine shop and got it back,looking like it just came out of the box new.I was a believer after that.No more scrubbing for me.

:D