governor

ismellrealbad

OK, so i decide to top out my car for the first time tonight (i was driving over an overpass crossing the state border, i thought that was pretty cop safe) and i get to about 105-106 when the nose dives down (needle was a little past 105) and the tach went way down too. at first i thought i had just f'd up my trans but i thought for a sec and if that happened the RPMs would JUMP and the car wouldnt dip like that. then i remembered how these things have a fuel cutoff or something and that did feel like i had just simply run out of gas. why the hell is it at only 105 and where can i find a chip for the 3100?

Don't feel bad, think how a Z28 owner, who didn't order the performance axle and tire combo feels when his powerful V8 shuts him down at 105mph. I have yet to find a chip that will do that, even on a 92' Camaro RS (I have tried)

Oh, and our 3100? I don't think there IS a chip for the 3100. I think we are screwed in that respect.

I am assuming this is your new GP you are talking about?

yep...new GP....damnit i mean its not like im gunna be doing top speed runs every week (which is terrible for the car) but just once id like to see how fast this thing will go, plus id also like to benefit from the slight performace increase a chip will give. so far the only real quick upgrade for this motor is an intake? what am i missing here

Yeah I hate that damn thing too.... makes my car feel, hmmm, not fast? You can get the ECM reprogrammed by companies like fastchips. They charge you a core and you send them yours. SUPPOSEDLY you get about 15-20 ft. lbs of torque added and extra hp. Anyone know if this is true?