steering control on cutlass

2CUTTYS

mine did but my rear defrost didnt work. so i took it up to a friend shop and then my controls for HVAC didnt work but my defrosted did. hmm something is wrong.

ok i just got a call back from Directed and they said,"No you shouldnt lose control from the HVAC becasue the factory headunit has sperate control cables. The cable for the steering wheel is seprate from the Hvac cable. hmm i am going to visit him in the morning and see what he did to make the redefrost to work.

ok info:

fro the SWRC,

a 91 CS with radio removed, climate control will work.

on a 94 CS with radio removed it will not.

the 94 runs the output from the SWRC through the radio to the climate control.

I think if you hooked up a jumper wire, it would pass on the signal.... I have the plug info. will post within 24 hours.....

I believe that 93 down doesn't matter, radio or not, but 94+ does.

THe 93- Has the littloe clear circuit box at the base of the column, and no airbag.

ok been on phone and yes there is a way to bypass but he doesnt remember which wire he spliced and i didnt have the time. so this friday after i get back from the bank . (JERMEY shouldbbe happy 45 right?) i will tell you how to do it.

• 4 weeks later...

My steering wheel has approximately 77,000,000 buttons. Who wants to change the Fade/Balance etc on the fly?... Maybe I could assign the buttons to new functions like:

Fire missiles/other weapons

Eject Passenger

Activate JATO system

switch to flying mode

active camoflage on/off

self destruct

hmmm....

My steering wheel has approximately 77,000,000 buttons. Who wants to change the Fade/Balance etc on the fly?... Maybe I could assign the buttons to new functions like:

Fire missiles/other weapons

Eject Passenger

Activate JATO system

switch to flying mode

active camoflage on/off

self destruct

hmmm....

Go Go gadget grand prix

inspector_gadget.jpg

my 95 lost all steering whel controls with a pioneer, jvc, and a kenwood head unit. i was gonna just find a wheel without the controls on it so it doesnt look so funny. they still light up but dont do jack shit. :bash:

• 2 weeks later...