Aux. Input Adapter Question UPDATE! And another question

Regal_GS_1989

Ok, i know that there are adapters that plug into the 95+ Theftlock stereos to allow you to use the slave input as an aux input. My question is is there some way to do this on the older HU's, say, like the one in my regal. I know that radio automatically switches to cassette mode when one is inserted, and it more than likely sends a regular L + R signal to the stereo. I wanna know if it would be possible to create a set of aux. plugs that would allow me to hook up an MP3 player, laptop etc... and manually switch the stereo to "cassette" mode. This way i wouldn't have to use a casette adapter all the time. Maybe i'll have to pull the stereo out of my old regal and play around with it a bit.

BTW. My stereo has the 5 band EQ, if that makes a difference

100_2477.jpg

• 1 month later...

OK, i've figured out how to wire up a set of aux inputs into my stereo, but now i have another question. When a cassette is inserted, what switched the radio to cassette mode? From what i can see, the cassette player sends a 5V signal to the stereo to switch it. Is this really all it does?? I really want to put in a switch to switch it manually