Easiest way to change headlights in 94 GTP

JakeMetz63

Just take out the individual mini-quad lamp. It's pretty easy; I managed to do it with a crescent wrench and a screwdriver in ten degree weather.

At first, though, I pulled out the light bulb itself. The guy at the parts store looked at it for a minute, checked his computer, and asked, "How the hell did you get this out?"

Some versions of the headlight you can just pry the bulb out, other's the bulb is pretty much sealed in there for good (you'd have to grind it out or something).

And yes, it's pretty easy to just take out the individual lamps....

I spent 15 minutes prying that bastard out, the whole time cursing GM for making it so difficult. :bash: :lol:

EDIT: The light bulb, I mean. The whole light really isn't that difficult.

I used a heat gun on mine. 2 minutes followed by a little persuasion with a screwdriver and they came right out. I used black RTV to put em in. I've got untrawhites in the low beams and blues in the highs. BIIIGG differernce. I hate sealed beams. :lol:

It was much easier to change than the manual would have you believe. You really dont need to take the whole lamp out, just spin the black ring and pull the bulb. I was only looking for an easier way because I didnt have my torx tools with me at the time.