sensor

ismellrealbad

not only that but if it erratically shoots up to some insane number like 220 240 the heat will be cold (and i know its not that high). then when the guage drops to the correct temp the heat starts blowing warm. i noticed yesterday if it does this in park i can rev the engine and the guage will drop down, another rev, it will drop more, another rev and its pointing to the right reading. WTF? im gunna keep my digital camera with me. if it does this again ill takea quick movie of the dash

What about your temperature sender unit? Mine went out and the temp gauge would read wrong all time, like I would start it and it would read 240, and then let it run and it would read 100. And it would fluctuate between the extremes all the time for no reason. Changed the sender unit and it works fine

Robby

Guest Anonymous

That is the low coolant sensor. It sounds like there is air in the system. Is it leaking coolant? Maybe the radiator was shot and they replaced it and never plugged that in. That's when the air got in there. Maybe.

My GP did that for a couple of months. It was kindof woerd having it say thwe engine was over-heating while driving in a snowstorm :lol: I had a new thermostat put in and a complete machine coolant system flush and put in new coolant. no problem since.

ok i after i plugged it in now the low coolant light stays on.....i didnt happen to notice if the temp BS stopped though. there are no leaks and everything is up to level. still another WTF?

Yeah mine does the same thing with the temp. gauge can't figure it out. Someone probably didnt want an idiot light on when they sold you the car so they unplugged it.

yeah that thing looks easy to replace but god only knows how much gm wants for that part so i could live without a low coolant sensor. PM coming