Power Windows Problem

DOHCRagtopguy

Finally got the top down yesterday, but my LR window quit working. Has anybody had this problem with their Cutlass before? Any known troublespots on these window motors or switches?

My wife's driver's window quit working over the winter also. I suspect the switch in both cases. Any advice on where to look in both cases here?

I'm not very adept electrically, so any help from the w-body experts would really be appreciated here.

• 1 year later...

Can anyone shed some light on this Cutlass convertible problem? Neither of my rear windows work. I can hear a click when the seat or drivers control buttons are pushed, so they are trying to work. I'm at the point of having my rear seats and trim panels out. I'm thinking I'll drill out all the rivits and pull the guts out of the rear window area.

THANKS for any help!!!

what year cutty? On my 95 drop top, if you press the rear windows down a few seconds and let go, all 4 windows will drop. I did have a problem with the pass/rear window the other morning...it rained really hard and I must have gotten some water in the switch? because it started working again without much delay. If both rears do not go down, it may be a relay?

Mines a '95 too. That's the way my problem started, working once in a while, then it totally quit. The left rear went first, and a few months later, the right went too. I can see a little way down into the rear window area and don't see any rust, so I think it must be the window motors. They hum a little when I supply power directly to them, both directions.

My car only has 60K miles and stays covered all the time. Fronts work fine. Auto down feature works fine too, at least, on the fronts.

• 2 months later...

Edit: Now my pass/rear window is having serious problems.

Symptoms: first try to put the window down, it goes down with no problems. Try to roll up, nothing. Neither driver's switch or window switch working. If you pull up on the window and press the switch up, it will slowly raise, but you have to pull pretty good. Then it is hesitant to go down. I don't think it is motor. Well, I hope it isn't motor. The switch on the rear arm rest seems to be loose - it does not feel the same as the other rear switch when you push it either up or down. Could the faulty switch be causing problems when I try to use either switch to roll up the window? I must have this fixed because it is too pretty out not to put the top down and cruise!!! All advice appreciated

Thomas

It's probably the motor.

I've never dealt with rear rear windows in a convertable but on a four door it's not that bad. (not after having taken all door panels off over a dozen times and actually installing the whole power window/lock system yourself anyway. after all that, replacement a motor seems like childs play :lol: )