Damn Cooling Fans Again!

luminator94

Well, as the temperature outside gets warmer, my temp gauge has been climbing up there in the Cutty. I don't know what it is about the 3.1's and the 3100's with the cooling fans! Tell me what you guys think: When the car is ideling, no fans come on at all, temp climbs. I turn on my A/C, the passenger fan comes on for awhile, and the driver fan comes on for about 10 seconds then shuts off, temp goes down to where it should be. Does this sound like the relays? Or the fan switch? Possibly the coolant temp sensor? I don't wanna go through this crap again.

Aaron

I bought this 2340cfm dual fans for $80674001F.JPG. Its is the same stock fan that is in the 98+ dodge intrepid, 300M, and chrysler concorde. It is also used in gnx type vehicles for max cooling of boosted cars. I personally have one in my intrepid and the needle on that sucker never even ever makes it past 1/4 so I know this fan is awesome. I also purchased one for my tgp which had the same type cooling problems. The stock dual fans just couldn't cut it. I have not installed it yet but I will this weekend. I can just about give you a 100% that after these fans your car will never get hot again.

I might want to try that my car's fans are srewed up as well the driverside fan will go on when it needs to but the passenger will never go on. It finnaly got so bad in the 100+ degree weather here in southern UT that it wore out my thermostat. Which cost an arm and a leg to fix because it took the mechanic forever to get all of the crap out of the way so he could get to it!

mechanic??? man you better get that gp manual and do it yourself next time. I can litterally change my thermo in 10 minutes flat. Its the easist to get thermo in any gm car. :D

i was looking at that too and noticed that yesterday. damn theres so much room for everything on that engine and yes still they found some way to conceal the bottom bolt. is the crossover the only thing that has to come off...thats about all i can remember

funny you all said that... last weekend I flushed the coolent on my GP 3100 and bought a thermostat while i was at it. that crossover pipe is pissing me off! how do you get it off!?! We got fed up with it and were about to take off the TB to get to it with a wrench, so we just said screw it. Still needs to be changed! Hanyes manual doesn't help, who here has a solution please!?

Mine does that temp thing too. My mechanic said that its normal for those cars, and that the fans were coming on and off on the right time.... hmm.... mine sure is the only car I've ever seen go up to 235 at a stop.

funny you all said that... last weekend I flushed the coolent on my GP 3100 and bought a thermostat while i was at it. that crossover pipe is pissing me off! how do you get it off!?! We got fed up with it and were about to take off the TB to get to it with a wrench, so we just said screw it. Still needs to be changed! Hanyes manual doesn't help, who here has a solution please!?

Mine does that temp thing too. My mechanic said that its normal for those cars, and that the fans were coming on and off on the right time.... hmm.... mine sure is the only car I've ever seen go up to 235 at a stop.

can you actually tell the motor is getting physically too hot? if it isn't extremely hot and the gauge says it is, it might be time for a new temperature switch/sending unit.

I'm having problems with my auxiary fan turning on now. I remember a while back thinking thank god I'm not having problems with mine :lol: oh well atleast its not the main one.