grandprix104

My baby's still got some weird noises coming from the engine the strangest is a clacking tapping type noise like that of playing cards taped in a bike wheel. It comes from somewhere around the alternator but it isnt from the alternator i think. Any ideas what it might be?

Also my car has a lot of dings in the hood (supposedly hail damage) that were there when i bought it. I was wondering if anybody had any special tips for flattening those out besides just goin at it with a hammer.

also does anyone have an idea why my antanne gets ass for reception? My old mercury topaz did better! The power antenna does not work but i dont know if it is the cause of the problem. I have the mast pulled out all the way and the antenne cable should still be connected to it. who knows?

what is the best sound dampening material (like dynomat) for alot less $$$

Thanks guys

For the dings, if you don't want to pay a Paintless Dent Removal place (which should be able to get perfect results), you could always try pulling them yourself. Use a hot glue puller like Ding King.

I have one called Dent Bridge, and they really work. It takes a lot of practice to get perfect results, though. On some dings, it takes repeated attempts at the same ding. On some, if you try too many attempts you might turn an innie into an outie.

repalce it, your first mistake was to pull the mast, does the atena mootr go and the mast dont go up?

if so you can replace the mast, i have to do it, i saw it on a site, ill try to ind it, hows that pm me and ill look for it 8)