whoohoo! mom's getting a W - pics page 2

stockgp

oh and i know this car has had both head gaskets replaced at some point, but i don't know about the intake gaskets

figure that the intake was changed with the head gaskets...

here is what I would do. The coolant temp sensor is located on the LIM beneath the throttle body. If you disconnect it and turn the key on, Both fans will turn on. The voltage is that sensor decreases as the car gets warmer... so if there is no voltage (ie sensor breaks off) the car automatically tried to cool itself and turns both fans on.

BUT I often just take a spare relay knock the cap off and insert it in the relay loactaion and manually trigger it.

IF disconnecting the switch turns the fans on. GET a new sensor.

If it doesn't then try the relay method...... to isolate if the fan motr is bad, for instance. and find that mulitmeter.

good luck

i already grounded the relay, and both fans turned on. i'm just going to permanently wire them that way, and maybe run a switch inside.

now for the intake manifold gaskets, the oney they sell now are the updated ones, yes? they don't still sell the ones that blow easily?