Headlight Switch

Dirty Rockstar

My HL switch broke.. But let me tell ya, finding a replacement for it is a pain in the ass whe it is a one year only switch.. So, the question I have is, can I grab the switch from a 95-7 Supreme and get it to operate in my 94? I would just put it somewhere else.. Thanks guys! I have been lookin for almost 4 months for this and can find all too many 95+ ones, but never any 94s..

why not just "switch" to a '88-93 switch? You already have the dash for it.

Believe it or not I grabbed a '94 switch from a junkyard, I'm not sure if I threw it out but if I find it, you can have it. It's just the switch, not the mounting parts (which usually break).

why not just "switch" to a '88-93 switch? You already have the dash for it.

Believe it or not I grabbed a '94 switch from a junkyard, I'm not sure if I threw it out but if I find it, you can have it. It's just the switch, not the mounting parts (which usually break).

My mounts broke and I had to super glue the switch to the bezel for it to stay in place. I got sick of it moving around when I turned on my lights... :roll:

One thing to be aware of is you'll lose theater dimming if you go to an 88-93 switch. I know most people probably wouldn't care, but I like it. :lol:

Yeah, the mounts on my 94's headlight switch are broken too, and it too is superglued to the bezel. That's GM craptastic design for ya.

I also have one out of a 94 laying around somewhere. And I also have to chase mine around in the dash before i can turn on my lights, it's especially a bitch if I have to turn on the dome lights for something. Let me know if you want me to start the search for the switch.

ok...... The problem you all describe sounds like the switch is ok, but the bezel that holds the switch is not?

I stuck a 93 bezel on the 94 after someone busted the radio out of it..... (OMIGOD, factory basic radio, AND I got it back!) It fits fine and the switch mounts fine too. Only a true w-body CS Freak would notice a difference.

That difference is the 95 had a rounded part intended to be flush with the top of the column and a slight change in it's shade of gray. The 93 leaves a slight gap where it crosses over the column.

• 2 weeks later...

so what exactly is "theater Lighting" that I would lose? I've seen some intact switches and the whole cluster surround that it sits in, so I wouldnt have a problem getting a new one with a switch, but i always liked the button more than the switch.

on the 94 model (and 95)

I know when you shut the door, the interior lights remain on for a few seconds and then dim to off...

I also know that if you leave your door open too long, the lights turn off until the doors are shut again.

It may refer to the first feature, but I wonder if it also controls the second feature.

Unless it means that the entire interior light don't work?

please explain what the difference is, whoever may have done this swap.

thanks for the info.

I would miss that, and in fact..... I wonder if the same effect could be obtained with an external device wiht a relay and a dimmer device?

p.s. I crossed wires while working on my lumina and burned out the similiar feature dash lights on for 30 seconds, and now my dash lights don't work. I PMed someone who would have a diagram. I heard a pop from near the fuses, but no bad fuse found :(