Coil Over's

TLOC

Anyone using Fast Forward Performance rear coil over's? Would like any details of install, quality, performance etc... They look awesome and am considering buying them. My TGP only has 68,000 but it sits for long periods of time and both the front and rear struts(shocks) need replacing. Thought this mod might be worth while...T

http://www.fastfwdperformance.com

Anyone using Fast Forward Performance rear coil over's? Would like any details of install, quality, performance etc... They look awesome and am considering buying them. My TGP only has 68,000 but it sits for long periods of time and both the front and rear struts(shocks) need replacing. Thought this mod might be worth while...T

http://www.fastfwdperformance.com

Not many of the coil-overs, I recall any TGP guys that do, there may be 1 or 2. From what has been said, they seem to work pretty well, the biggest concern I have read seems to be the ability to handle the car's weight....

Oh, I will also suggest, if the car is sitting for extended periods of time, pull the wheels off and put it on jack stands, that keeps the suspension from always being compressed and no strain from the wheels on it, or the wheels on and on jack stands with it on the suspension parts so it compresses to save the tires from flat spotting on you

z284pwr,

Thanks for the reply, I've been on TGPforums.com and have read a lot of info on it since I wrote this post. The cars sits alot in the garage(been garaged it's whole life), I have 5 vehicles and a bike, but it does get driven every 2 months if not monthly. Not sure if I still need to lift it. Thanks again...T

z284pwr,

Thanks for the reply, I've been on TGPforums.com and have read a lot of info on it since I wrote this post. The cars sits alot in the garage(been garaged it's whole life), I have 5 vehicles and a bike, but it does get driven every 2 months if not monthly. Not sure if I still need to lift it. Thanks again...T

our Trans-Am sits every winter and that is what we do, I have read of a copule others on different forums that also do this.

Oh yeah, the Trans-Am also sat basically all the time for 25-30 years so yes, it does work, the springs were completely collapsed and had less than a tape measure height distance from the ground it was so bad. :wink:

• 3 weeks later...

Hey here,

Been a while since I've been on here but... I have the FFP coilovers on my TGP and have had them for about 1 1/2 years now. They work great. From the performance point, they are awesome. My original rear suspension was pretty bad so i don'thave a stock comparison on a tgp but i did drive a NA GP before the TGP and these are better than that. Here's a link on the TGPForums to a good discussion on HELD and FFP coilovers.

http://www.tgpforums.com/tgp/viewtopic.php?t=1918&highlight=ffp

Installation was pretty easy except for rusted bolts being kind of a pain and actually breaking off one of them in the knuckle but happened to have a second one at home so I just swapped it in. Other than that it wasn't any problem at all. Did the big brake upgrade in the back at the same time. THe only problem I have had in driving them is the dirt getting in the threads of the coil and being kind of hard to clean and also the rubber in the upper mount moved a little bit which is weird but doesn't seem to cause any problems. Good luck with it and lemme know if you've got more problems or questions with it.