Opinions: 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP Comp G

dsgrntld187

GTP: Yes or no?  

1. 1. GTP: Yes or no?

After driving the SS for the past week, I've decided I really want a supercharged W-body. Right now I'm looking at a 2004 GTP Comp G, fully loaded, charcoal leather, XM radio, CD player, HUD, 35k miles, etc etc. Exterior and interior is very nice. I think the window said 15,995 on it or so. Anyway, opinions? Good deal? Bad deal? Opinions wanted!

Hell YES, those are damn sexy cars, THe interior is hot, and the HUD in the new cars is awsome. The sound systems are awsome too, so much bass for a stock system! Go for it, they have 265 horses and almost 300 tq

I have to disagree strongly here. While I have not driven a Comp-G equipped GP, I have rode in/driven a number of the current model GPs, and I was very disappointed in them, both base and up-market models. IMO, the previous body style GPs were much smoother, more refined, and were at least 100 times better looking than the current models. Between the GP and the SS, I'd take the SS any day.

Frankly, for that much money, I could go out and get a nicely used Nissan Maxima, which can match/beat the GP in most categories, and has 265 very healthy ponies without the need for high octane gas.

has 265 very healthy ponies without the need for high octane gas.

IIRC the Series III 3.8 doesn't require high octane gas. ;)

say what you want about the looks, but the quality of the interior is 10x better than the previous cars.

Why would he want some Nissan Maxima, there ugly compared to the new GPs, And the interior quality and comfort are great! The Supercharged 3.8 does need Premium gas, but the Nissan Altima 3.5 only has 265 horses and 255 tq, not quite as much as the GTPs 280 tq. And the Nissan 3.5 needs Premium gas to use full power btw

1 Use regular unleaded fuel with 87 octane. For maximum power, use premium fuel.

From nissan.com^^^

Why would he want some Nissan Maxima, there ugly compared to the new GPs, And the interior quality and comfort are great! The Supercharged 3.8 does need Premium gas, but the Nissan Altima 3.5 only has 265 horses and 255 tq, not quite as much as the GTPs 290+ tq. And the Nissan 3.5 needs Premium gas to use full power btw

1 Use regular unleaded fuel with 87 octane. For maximum power, use premium fuel.

From nissan.com^^^

Yep, that is indeed what the Nissan site says. In fact, Nissan suggests using premium fuel in all of their V6 equipped vehicles. However, my dad has never once pumped premium into his 2000 maxima, and it has always run at full tilt, even with its now 113K odometer reading. Hell, just for the hell of it, I (unofficially) timed my I35 from 0-60, once with regular fuel, and again with premium, and noted no time difference at all.

If you run Regular in cars like that alot, it takes upwards of 3-5 tanks of gas to get it used to premium again, a Relearn if you will, Try running 3-5 tanks of premium in it and see how it does

do what makes YOU happy

Thats basically what its about. People have different tastes in everything. And thats why I still drive my olds and havent gotten rid of it.

not to come down on you or sound like an ass, but you really need to figgure out what you want in a car and stick to it, i mean you've been through what 5, 6 cars recently? that can't be cheep. i know your young yet, but could you be putting this same money towards college tuition or something? i dono, it seems you really need to find out what you want and sell off all the other cars you have already.

however i agree with jeremy for 16k, i'd want more car then a GP is.

not to come down on you or sound like an ass, but you really need to figgure out what you want in a car and stick to it, i mean you've been through what 5, 6 cars recently? that can't be cheep. i know your young yet, but could you be putting this same money towards college tuition or something? i dono, it seems you really need to find out what you want and sell off all the other cars you have already.

however i agree with jeremy for 16k, i'd want more car then a GP is.

I already have college handled, I just need a reliable car to last through college. My Probe I bought because I desperately needed a car, and it was low miles/cheap. My Blazer I bought because the Probe wasn't cutting it in the snow, and I can resell it for 2.5x what I paid for it. Recently I haven't gone through many cars, it was just the time period between the Cutlass and the Probe where I couldn't find anything worth a damn..

Anyway.. Vtak is a Honda, Vtec if you will.

Oh and sticking with the SS isn't an option.. its my moms :lol: . I'm gonna check the car out tomorrow. Anyone who really knows me I prefer 4 doors, so 2 door 97-03 don't really appeal to me. Thanks for all the suggestions though!

GP GTP ComG is the shiiat...you'd better get it, especially for that price! there is a brand new 2005 CompG for sale at the Pontiac dealership near my house and it is redtagged for $25,000 and was initially $32,000...so i'm thinking you have a pretty good deal if you don't mind the 32K miles

Damn, well, you guys were right.. I should've got it.. sold today before we could go look at it. At work, I found a 2005 GTP non comp G for only 1 grand more and only 17k miles.. I wish it was a Comp G but hey.. at least this one still has a warranty (that 04 didn't for some reason? What happened to 3/36?)

Here in Canadia a brand new 2006 GXP goes for $41,xxx CND. I'm not sure what a loaded GT2 (GTP) would go for, probably around $36-38k. That's just the sticker price though.

Seriously the 97-03' GP's have NOTHING as far as quality goes...there is no fucking way...thats definatly not opinion...they use better meterial, better sound deading meterial, tighter tolerances, and a very quiet smooth ride...

Drive a 97-03 then get right into a 04-05 and notice the difference...its huge...