Injector stuck open

joey b

I have determined my month-long car problem to be the result of a sticking injector. My cylinder is full of gas. What would you suggest next? Can I send them out and have them all in tune or should I just buy a new set? Which will be most economical?

Guest TurboSedan
I have determined my month-long car problem to be the result of a sticking injector. My cylinder is full of gas. What would you suggest next? Can I send them out and have them all in tune or should I just buy a new set? Which will be most economical?

if you are sure this isn't caused by a bad spark plug, wire or coil pack i would simply replace that injector for a known good one. have you ohm tested the suspect injector yet?

I have ohm tested it and it tests 13 ohms. I also connected it to power as I physically blew through it and it did open, but I would assume that it doesn't close fast enough and has gotten worse. I can replace all 6 and will probably do so. I was just thinking if there was a cheaper proper fix I would do that.

The compression on the cylinder is 150+ psi, the coils are giving a very nice bright blue spark to the cylinder, but the cylider is full of gas. If I run it for just a couple of seconds the cylinder will fill with gas.

What I have done temporarily is connected a different injector to the electical connector so I don't piss the car off and the injector for that cylider is still attached to the fuel rail and manifold but not connected electrically. The car is running much better now and I don't have the strong smell of gas any longer.

are the 96 injectors compatible with OBD I? Can I get them for my 92?

Yeah, they are you can swap them on no problem. Do you the 96 intakes or the 91-95, I think they work with the older fuel rail but don't quote me.