My New Toy!!

skalor

Check out these pictures of a turbo I picked up a couple months ago. It's been sitting at my brother's house as he bought the same thing for his 3800/4L60E powered S-10. It's a Turbonetics 60-1 with a P-trim wheel in a .68 A/R turbine housing. :twisted:

tgp_60-1_1.jpg

tgp_60-1_2.jpg

I'm doing an L67/4T65E swap in late spring, but I'm dumping the supercharger in favor of a turbo obviously. It already has a 3300/4T60 in it now, so the mounts should bolt right up. I wanted to do this swap 5 years ago before I bought my first TGP, and now I'm finally getting back on track. I was looking for a Ciera International then but I saw a TGP for sale and bought that instead.

My brother and I always joke that 60-1 without an intercooler could make 11 psi that's denser/cooler than the T-25 could with an intercooler. :lol:

Here's the Ciera it's going into:

int1.jpg

int1.jpg

That Ciera with turboed L67 = WAY bigger sleeper than LG5 Lumina! Should be a very nice setup, can't wait to see it completed!

Shawn

int1.jpg

That Ciera with turboed L67 = WAY bigger sleeper than LG5 Lumina! Should be a very nice setup, can't wait to see it completed!

Shawn

its no L67, its a 3300 LG7!

How do you say the name of the ciera :oops: is it like Kai-era or Si-erra or how do pronounce it?

its no L67, its a 3300 LG7!

I guess you missed the part where skalor stated that he was L67 swapping the Ciera.... :lol:

Nice toy skalor, how much does that Ciera weigh?

It's pronounced "sierra", just like the trucks. As far as the weight is concerned...I've seen and heard that it should be ~2900 lbs. I haven't actually weighed it but I used to have Ciera sedan that weighed about 3050 lbs without me in it. So, accounting for a little weight loss from it being a coupe I think it should be less than 3000 lbs at the very least. Plus, there's always weight reduction to get it even lower. :twisted:

int1.jpg
Now that's a sweet Ciera! Should be a complete sleeper when it's finished :thumbsup:

How well do those Cutty wheels fit? Reason I'm asking is my friend has a 93 Ciera, and I'm trying to get him to buy my old Regal wheels. I'm wondering if they'll fit without any rubbing or whatnot :wink: ...

This is a second Ciera I've had them on and they never rubbed on either cars. I'm running Fuzion ZRi 225/50/16 tires and I'm quite happy with them considering the price. 8)

• 2 weeks later...