Cheap-ass Insurance Companies!

CuttySup

Well, a few weeks ago, when I was pulling into my driveway, I slid on the ice and ran into the back bumper of my mom's Tahoe. Not a scratch on her truck, but the front right corner of my Intrigue is all fucked up. It started to go under the back of the truck, so the headlight is shattered, the bumper cover is cracked really bad, the fog light is crooked, and the hood is peeled up (ouch!). Luckily, this is the first of my three cars to have full-coverage insurance.

Ok, here's my rant: I took it to a local Chevy dealer for an estimate to compare the insurance's estimate to. Well, the insurance company came up with an estimate for about $1,000. The Chevy dealer came up with one for over $2,000. You should see this estimate from the insurance. Talk about cutting corners! I'm going to go to the dealer again and see if it is possible for the car to look halfway decent with the sorry-ass repair order from the insurance.

I've made many claims to car insurances and it was always a case of submitt two estimates. I've never heard of the insurance company deciding the payout except in a totaling of the car. They do have their favorite shops that they encourage you to go to but you get to choose. Check Progessive ins. I get a great price from them and they never complain. They've paid out over $21,000 on us and still kept us. Rates went up only a minor amount.

I will say a dealer is always the most expensive quote....and often the lousiest repair. You may get genuine GM parts but that paint job is often done by a peon in training.

I took mine to a dealer in Oshkosh several years ago, they had a Viper sitting in there ready for paint. Mine has started rusting out where they painted it. I'll bet that Viper is doing fine!!

1999 Taurus acident------$8000

1999 Taurus totaled------$10,750

96 Intrepid Keyed---------$3.300

91 Regal hail damage-----$1,500

91 Regal windshield-------$450

Insane that we can even get car insurance. Right now I pay $394 evey

6 months for full coverage on the Vibe and Liability on the Regal. I dropped full after getting the windshield.

Just before switching to Progerssive I had General casualty and they paid out $609 for front and rear glass in my Celebrity Eurosport. Some ass pelted it with rocks at 5 in the morning.

I swear part of whats wrong with this country IS the insurance companies. I bet they wouldn't see near the amount of fraud they do if they would just pony up without offereing incentives towards specific shops they have made a deal with. Piss me off.

Remember how Gnatgosplat got screwed?

Insurance Co.rl.gif

I've made many claims to car insurances and it was always a case of submitt two estimates. I've never heard of the insurance company deciding the payout except in a totaling of the car. They do have their favorite shops that they encourage you to go to but you get to choose.

I've got State Farm and I've had equally great luck with them. As long as they continue to do what they're doing for me, even if they raise my rates, I'll be staying with them. I figure ya get what ya pay for.

I work at a Lincoln/Mercury dealership and we have a contract with Progressive so we get a whole bunch of cars from progressive and I see exactly what you are talking everyday. We right up an estimate for so much and then progressive comes in and they change things to cut corners and they also a lot of times use the cheap aftermarket parts as opposed to the good quality oem stuff and let me tell you there is a big difference. So although sometimes the big insurance companies charge more for insurance every month or six months, it is worth it in the end if something happens to your car. Just sharing my personal expierence. :)