V8 Grand Prix GXP????

ExZion

there are pics of one in a 97-03 floating around somewhere :roll: if they can get it in a 97+ we could most likely figure it out. and hey travis as the 4.6 northstar in his rwd GP... whats hte size difference?

-As for the cost factor i guess it just depends on how much you like your ride and its styling...

travis as the 4.6 northstar in his rwd GP... whats hte size difference?

The difference is that's mounted longitudnally, and therefore isn't very wide. A transversely-mounted small block isn't going to leave much room between the shock towers.

Forgot about that. Yeah, it would cost more than the car is worth just to make all the electrical and mechanical components work.

But you could say that about almost anything we do to our cars, though :lol:

Too wide an engine...or long an engine, I guess. They had to widen the engine bays just to fit them in.

You sure about this?

4.6L Northstar fits transversely.

4.9L Cadillac pushrod fits transversely.

The secret to getting those V8's to fit transversely is a custom timing cover that's much flatter, and shallower pulleys. Also, thanks to the special timing cover, the belt-driven accessories are placed further back.

Take a look at the 5.3L LS4 V8 used in the GXP's, it also has a special timing cover and accessories, designed specifically for transverse mounting!

IMO, the 5.3L LS4 V8 will fit. Drive by wire and all that, big deal. It's a Gen III V8, just use 98-99 LS1 electronics and throttle body on it. :wink:

I wana see someone swap it in to a cutlass supreme!!

I wanna see someone swap it in to my Cutlass Supreme!