TGP Smoking AGAIN

Prospeeder

Just fucking wonderful, this heap of shit is blowing out blue smoke like theres no tomarrow again :x Im begging to hate this car with its persistant problems. Turbo rebuild im sure is it now eh, well, 300$ here i go :x Idle theres soo much exhaust, them under acceleration it pours the blue lingering smoke

So http://www.cheapturbo.com IS a good place right? do i gotta call them first or just send it to them with my info?

• 5 weeks later...

Blue Smoke means the oil is burning with the gas.... Meaning the oil is being burned before it hits the turbo.... If it was the Turbo Seal,.. the smoke would be white... Unburnt OIL is WHITE not BLUE...White can also be coolant... But the coolant white smoke will have a sweet order to it.. White oil smoke is rater a acid smell...

No it's not OK... it's burning oil.... Check your oil level to see how many qts it burns in so many milles...

It's either piston rings, valves , or something else is wearing out... It's most likely engine related( Oil & Gas burning together) and not Turbo related...

If you dont get a x-over pipe soon it could burn up the rings from running rich. rich=unburned gas in comustion chamber=solvent thinning oil=metal-to-metal.

Its not burning ANY oil now, it stopped completly, and my car sint running super rich yet, it runs perfectly fine, but a new xover pipe is what im getting soon, my car doesnt have exhaust smoke under the hood, stalling, running horrible, black smoke, and all that crap it runs great and get 34 mpg highway and 22 city i think im ok

My ste used to get ~40mpg at 50mph, but now that I did the cam and whanot it only gets ~35mpg at that speed. At highway speeds I still get around 26mpg or so. I used to get ~33mpg or so on the freeway. But I never got better than 20mpg around town, I usually get somewhere in the 12-15mpg range, I just can't drive like a grandma.

Pull the air intake hose at the throttle body and see if there is any oil on the throttle body itself. That was where I noticed oil first when my center spool went to shit. I recommend getting a crossover pipe as soon as you can. I think the bad pipe helped my turbo die, i don't know why, back pressure maybe? I definitely wouldnt put a new turbo on with out changing the pipe.

When you get your crossover, be sure to change the seal on the distributor cap, JeffM puts a hex on them in his installation instructions and if you dont change them they are guaranteed to leak about a week later! <- 1st hand experience.

TGP and Gas Mileage??? Who in the hell put those two things together?

I dont know? I thought it was a race to see who could use the most fuel. :shrug:

I remember the days of 28 MPG. Those weren't the Days Of Thunder though. :lol:

Well its my daily driver!!! lol Yea, running rich actually causes more heat and cracks the turbine housing or somthing to that extent, im gettin on it, im not made of money

Blue Smoke means the oil is burning with the gas.... Meaning the oil is being burned before it hits the turbo.... If it was the Turbo Seal,.. the smoke would be white... Unburnt OIL is WHITE not BLUE...White can also be coolant... But the coolant white smoke will have a sweet order to it.. White oil smoke is rater a acid smell...

A turbo seal can blow out and send oil into the intake. This happened to my other car. It burns the oil and makes it look like your rings are shot.