Dallas Fort Worth Mechanic

f_399

I saw that white stuff fudge on my oil cap..... which gasket failed?

I have no idea what to do so I will have to pay to get it done

Who knows of a mechanic in the dallas fort worth area?

How much longer can I use the car? It just happened today

Lower Intake Manifold... most likely.

You shouldn't use it till fixed. but...

In an emergency situation, I have done this... remove the inner seal from the radiator cap (for the reservoir) to run the coolant without pressure. I think this may temporarily prevent the pressure from forcing the coolant into the engine. Keep in mind that when i did this it was necesary to check coolant daily... IF you were to do this so you could drive the car at all, you must also do an oil change RIGHT NOW, I wouldn't even restart it at the moment, till the oil is changed...

at some point coolant in the oil will reach a level were it exclusively will start trying to lub the engine... and fail.... ruining an engine that could still be fixed.

I guess a typical estimate fro the LIM is about $500 but if you've ready to do some work you can get it done for just the cost of the gasket.

I don't know texas, so I got no one to recommend... but cartalk.com has their Mechanix Files

Yeah I just got to work and decided to check under the hood. called some mechanics and one said between $900 - $1200

Sounds like the cost of a head gasket job, which I doubt it will be.

I'll take it for $50! what did you say, that it had like 150000 miles? it's just getting broken in!

http://www.w-body.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=36352

I wouldn't pitch it... yeah it costs money to maintain, but most of the time when you get something fixed it stays fixed, if done right! Get a new car and the same things will need to be done. I'm driving one with 207000 miles, and it keeps going and going.......

btw, the good thing, is a new LIM gasket has been redesigned and should outlast the original.

I'd reccomend Kyle Marti at campbell and jupiter, it's a quick car lube, but most of the ASE and other certifications on the walls are his (or his son's), he knows his stuff and could help you out.

I'd reccomend Kyle Marti at campbell and jupiter, it's a quick car lube, but most of the ASE and other certifications on the walls are his (or his son's), he knows his stuff and could help you out.

you have a telephone number?

Just sack up and get your tools out. Pay attention when taking stuff apart, you might surprise yourself that it really is not hard to do. I am sure you can find a write up on how to fix it with a little effort.

Just sack up and get your tools out. Pay attention when taking stuff apart, you might surprise yourself that it really is not hard to do. I am sure you can find a write up on how to fix it with a little effort.

I plan on doing it every regularly scheduled oil change. :lol:

:werd: Really EZ

reember kids a new set of intake gaskets $60~ once every 100+k vs a car payment every month. its a super easy job.

like the other night my friend was going on about his honduh being a better car when i was doing my brakes, all i had to say was this $50 i just spent, is my car payment.

Try it yourself dude...I've heard by many members that it isn't very hard

If you're worried about how to do it, you can easily pick up a cheap service guide from autozone, or something.

Also, you should torque the bolts with torque wrench, autozone has those for rent.... 12 lb feet I believe, and thats basically hand tight, no more.

if in doubt.... got a digital camera? take plenty of pics while disassembling!