intercooler piping

intern8tion9l

alright i have 2 questions for you tgp regulars. 1: are the little metal bands found around the lower hose connector supposed to be on the upper one? the one that is kind of an angle up to the upper pipe. 2: are the hard pipes aluminum or steel? i want to get a bov and need to know what material flange to get. thanks for any help

yea, definatly steel, and yes the upper ripple coupling has the little metal hoops, wich i wonder what there doing on the outside, it would make more sense for them to be on the inside to prevent colapsing, not the ouside

yea, definatly steel, and yes the upper ripple coupling has the little metal hoops, wich i wonder what there doing on the outside, it would make more sense for them to be on the inside to prevent colapsing, not the ouside

How exactly would they collaspe if they have 10 PSI of air being pressed against them from the inside out?

Guest TurboSedan

How exactly would they collaspe if they have 10 PSI of air being pressed against them from the inside out?

i think they are there to help prevent the hose from ballooning out, which could pull the hose off the pipes or intercooler end tanks.

yeah they seem to be fairly cheesy to be going through that kind of abuse with boost and all. guess i'll have to imrovise, cause my upper one lacks the metal bands. thanks guys

i think they are there to help prevent the hose from ballooning out, which could pull the hose off the pipes or intercooler end tanks.

I know that, that's why I was asking why they'd collaspe :lol: