Reverse Lights stay on always and when car is off!!

Pabz

My reverse lights just don't go out, so i had to take the bulbs out so my battery won't die. I am pretty sure it has something to do with the switch at the gear shifter, but i was wondering if anyone had more concrete ways of dealing with this!!

I agree with your diagnosis. :)

I think you'll have to replace it, but you might try loosening the bolts on it and try to see if realigning it will fix it. If not, then you'll need a new one.

I agree with your diagnosis. :)

I think you'll have to replace it, but you might try loosening the bolts on it and try to see if realigning it will fix it. If not, then you'll need a new one.

I agree. My back-up lights and my glove-box trunk release didn't work in the TGP because the switch was bad. I replaced it with my spare, and aligned it correctly, and now my lights work :) as does my trunk release. It's a PITA to get at though with a wrench...at least on the TGP it is :( I'd try re-aligning it before going out and buying one.

DUH! I forgot the trunk release doesn't work unless your car is in park. For some reason, my release hasn't worked now for awhile, and I never thought about it being the switch having to do with the tranny. Where is this switch at? I think I will attack that sometime this week.