Cutty sounds like Sh*t

OldsmoBeast

Its been like this for a while now but it's really bugging me lately...especially at idle but even while revving, it sounds like a horses ass! I remember when this used to be my moms car, i was a lot younger and it was brand new, i'd sit in it, turn it on and revving it was smooth and really nice but it sounded good idling too...i used to think it sounded like a vette! i didn't really know wat vettes sounded like at that age.... but now it sounds disappointing. it also looks disappointing but i won't owrry about the body if i can get the engine back to spec.

how tuned is the engine? filters, plug wires, O2 sensor, idle air control valve cleaned etc etc. Also maybe resetting the ecm will take extra crap out of its memory and you can re-set idle

what motor does it have, if its the 3.4 its a very good change the timing belt needs to be changed. when they get old they fall apart and can slip teeth or stretch, so that would make the cam timing off and would cause your problem.