Passenger side mirror installation?

lazytik

Hello All,

Belated Merry Christmas. On the first day of college, I broke my passenger mirror. The housing is okay, but the mirror itself was gone. So, I headed over to my local junkyard and got a mirror from a newer Buick or something. Of course, it is not the EXACT shape as my old one, but i popped it out of its casing (you know, it is stuck to the black part). I stuck it to my black plate thing.

Now, I tried to attach the mirror to my housing and the motor (2 axis power motor). The problem is, I can only get it to attach to the x-axis (it swivels up and down randomly, but is attached firmly to the left-right axis).

Is there any way I can attach it to the y (up and down) axis also without breaking something? Any pointers?

Thanks,

Just be judicious in the amount of pressure you use :wink: . If you do it carefully, you won't break the mirror.

And in case you were wondering, I have snapped one back in place before (passenger side power mirror on a 95 GP Coupe...)