To love this car, or to Hate this car, That is the question.

DrRodey

Another day, Another problem. I'm starting to wonder why I even bought this car in the first place. both rear brakes are shot, clutch is slipping, frame is rusting out from under the damn thing, half the body cladding is falling off, hood doesn't close completely, etc, etc, etc..... But Damn is it fun to drive/beat the living shit out of.... Grrrrrrrrrrr

dayum, thats alot of problems, like the subfram or actual frame rusting? Take a trip to a southern J/y and get a new subframe, lol, and just take off your cladding, and re rivit the tracks/clips, i had to do that one mine, really easy

Dibs on parts! :D

Sorry to hear man.. You said it yourdelf; You dont buy a car to not have any problems.. Good luck man.. If you need anything, dont hesitate to call.. Just qllow me ~a week to migrate there.. (Seriously... Call if you need any help.. I need to hit that JY again! I forgot my tools last time)

Sorry guys, if she ever gets parted out, most of the stuff will be going into another Fiero. When I bought this car, I knew it wasnt' the best, but hell it was a 5spd GTP so I said hell with it and figured I'd run her into the ground. Guess, I'll just have to break down and throw some more money I dont' have into her for brakes at least since stopping is still kinda nice. Other then that, Screw it! I am kinda getting used to the burnt clutch smell...

Steve, Any time you wanna go JY hopping, just let me know. We'll go make a day out of it.

Please ignore my stupidity, but what did they upgrade with the 94+ brakes, ie what advantages would it give me?

Steve, I told you there are two perfectly good sets of hood vents in that jy in Beauford, you just gotta come down and claim them.

As for the clips for the body cladding.. Non existant. yeah....

Thanks for the ideas guys. I"ll see what i can come up with.. probably just going to let the thing rot for the winter, and fix it all come spring.

Dan.

The ability to stop!

Newer brakes have less drag, more reliable performance and are not affected by frozen caliper slides(Or less likely, I have seen 1 of about 40 I messed with) If you replace the parking brake cables, you will be able tio use the parking brake, which is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much stronger and reliable.

http://www.tpsgarage.com/TGP/brakes/rear_brake_upgrade.htm