Tire Blowout; Spare Tire Submerged

GP1138

• 4 weeks later...

Bah, I'm having troubles too! :cry:

I guess I'll try to check all the weather striping and everything. I know for a fact its coming from the rear tail lights. After raining today, I can watch the water dribble down into my spare tire. For now I have been changing Paper towels in my tail lights every few hours. And they are soaked!

Is there any better brands of silcone? Clear would be the best so you dont see it? Dont know if that makes a difference. But where exactly do I seal the tail lights? I see it dripping on those bolts right down onto my carpet into my spare tire.

I'll try and take some pictures after work tonight as well!

Thanks

Go to the car wash with Carri and go in the trunk and have her spray water all over the trunk area....

:lol: I love this board, I ask for ideas and get IDEAS!

I might try that. I bet it is the tail-light, I couldn't find all the little thingies to screw the tails back in completely. Thanks a lot!

just dont piss her off...you might be in there for a while...or she'll go for a ride on a pothole ridden road... :lol:

on second thought make sure you have the ignition switch key...just give her the door/trunk key :mrgreen:

that's interesting ya'll have issues with trunk leaks...we dont seem to have that problem :biggrin:

my only regret on my car is the leaking left tailight housing. I think its the rubber but regardless it was too late since the day I owned the car. this car has no rust anywhere on the body. clean white 88 GP SE coupe. but that left taillight I guess it leaked for so long that when I got the car the metal housing for the taillight is 75% rusted, you cant see it from the outside obviously but its so bad on the interior that just a weatherstrip isnt gonna fix it. old mechanics trick I spray the entire corrosion down with penetrating lubricant every 2 months, it soaks into the rusted areas and the lubricant stop oxidization form continuing. its the worst part of my car IMO but a very minor one considering its a 18yr old car in Canada.