headrest removal

oldspwr

I'm trying to remove the headrest from my 94 olds coupe, it has the leather seats with 2 post headrests i just cant seem to remove it, is there any trick to remove these? The headrests in the car suck they offer no support to the head unless your head is tilted all the way, would 97+ grand prix headrests fit if not what are some recommendations? If i cant get the headrest from another car to fit i'll get another seat from a different car would else would fit my car except for w-body ? how about the n-body such as beretta/grand am.

Really? I have a 95 and it had leather seats and they are fine.... I thought the leather for all years had nicer headrests than the cloth. (having compared them to the poor headrests of the cloth 94 and 95 seats) I also have a 91 CS w leather but I can't remeber it's headrests but I was thinking they were good. :(

To remove you would have to open up the upholstry at the botton of the seats upper portion, Not hard..... It has a seam that snaps kinda like ziplock. Inside the seat there is a sprung catch that blokcs the headrest from going all the way out. You'd have to pry up on them to remove the headrests, but you may need to totally disassemble the seats to pull the upholstry up to do so...

May I recommmend instead trying some small pillows up there instead? You might be able to wrap them in a matching vinyl...

Well, after my accident in the Euro, the headrests on both sides popped out and hit the windshield.. So I imagine they can come out if enough force is exerted on their removal.. As for replacements, something out of a Benz, BMW, or something of that nature.. Basically look for ones that tilt the most forward.. Good luck..

(I just tried pulling at my GP leathers here.. I got one side out, but didn;t want to yank and bend them seeing as how I want to use these, lol.. Good luck! Post pics when it is done!)

I went to the junkyard and saw a 95-- and up cutlass their headrests are different than the 94 they are thicker. If i use the 95-up is there a way to remove the seatbelt harness holder that is attached on the headrest? my 94 has the door panel mounted seatbelt system.

i took the seat belt holders off my seats without breaking them. it's been nearly a year since i did it, though, so i'm a little unclear how it was done. i know the headrest upholstery unclips quite easily at the bottom.

If those don't work, the head rests in my mom's car are very nice...Maybe they might fit??

http://members.shaw.ca/oldman123/acura/11.jpg

Acura CL

Also the ones in my dad's Volvo are supportive as well...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/1990lumina/Volvo%20S60/DSCN0714.jpg

I know what you mean though...the shit ass headrests in my Lumina won't do shit for me in an accident. First off they don't go up high enough, second when they are pulled up, they eventually far back down again lol...and they are so damn far back my neck would snap when it did hit them :?

I wonder how different the seats in the 95-99 monte carlo are from my 94's, i mean is the headrest is more comfortable than mine if yes then i might be very interested only thing though i would have to remove the stupid seatbelt holders as they would serve no purpose for me. Did the 95-99 monte carlo leather seats come in graphite or is it black?

My head rests do great for me, im 6ft 4in and they go past my head upwards, and thanks to the power seats, i can make them push outwards, and they arnt too far back either, id say they would help immensly, but this is a 90 GP, so i dunno about an olds