Tinting displays...

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I need some help here. I have sheets of orange, red, and yellow acetate. Its a very, very thin, clear plastic. I want to tint those green displays in my radio and DIC. I know the DIC comes apart and i can tint it... but would i be able to get the displays for the radio and digital EQ apart to put the material between it?

Also, what colors would you do for each? I'm thinking either orange or yellow for the radio/EQ, and a combination of the three for the DIC. Even though the green is stock, it just sticks out.

where'd you get the orange? all i can get is red, yellow and green.

anyhow, you should be able to take apart your hu. i used rubylith to tint my olds hu display red.

and being that it's a pontiac, i would go with orange first. if it doesn't match the rest of the interior lights i'd do red

Guest Anonymous

This is the scheme i am thinking....

STL_1598.jpg

I can get the orange down at pearl paint. I have red an yellow now. I would like the DIC to be multicolor. Everyone feel free to use the pic and photoshop your won ideas!!!

yea that would be cool, especially the DIC, but how, alot of LCDs or somting that are actually color, not just a light with tinted glass (or somthing), sooo Green light then hitting the yellow tint would make it darker and a strange color

(about the Ck Fuel thing, i had the battery disconnected near empty, and then re connected it, and refilled the car, and the ck Fuel is gone on the DIC)

• 2 weeks later...
Where do you get that stuff? I've been looking for years!

I see that he said in the city. This is more b/c I have the same question as well. Do you know of any place online there Petty?? I'm very much considering redoing the Prix into all blue. Not sure about that yet though as I'm afraid it would look really odd and tacky.

Guest Anonymous

I would check your local art supply store. I was building wooden models for design class and i was incorporating a colored glass floor... and just stumbled upon them by accident. You can also ask the person there for "Acetate" which is thin flexable plastic that is transparent and comes in colors. I don't know if there are any places called Pearl or Pearl Paint out there, but they will definetly have it.

you can do online searches for ruby lith, amberlith, emerald lith, and bluelith. i've never been able to find any place that sells blue since our warehouse stopped seling it, bu i know it's out there.

i can get rubylith and amberlith and that's about it any more