Kevinsluminaeuro

i don't know exactly what electrial problems they have, i know i helped my friend replace a harnas/switch in his steering column at one point on his 97' but its been nothing major from what i've seen. i certinally woulden't let that stop me from buying one.

also when he had his engine tore down the guy at the machine shop said that his block had alot of things that weren't built to the "norm" that all L67s shoulda been built to. mabie that explains why the car was so damn quick stock.

Also, I've noticed a few things. Some transmissions are stronger than others, a buddy of mine is pulling 13.7 1/4 times on his stock tranny with 180K miles. A lot of guys on Club L67, I mean Club GP** has had they're tranny last a lot longer than the majority. I guess it also depends on your driving behavior.

So be ready for anything.

My dad ran 12.4's @ 112 on his stock GTP trans with no problems at all. It only had 30k miles on it but had been modded since day one and was beat on hard. There was nothing wrong with it when he had it rebuilt he just wanted better gears and didn't want to have to worry about a trans failure. I also know a guy with 80k ish on his GTP that runs 13.1's on street tires with no problems and his car gets beat on pretty hard. I know TONS of people running 13.5's with no problems with over 100k on their GTP's. My moms '00 SSEi has 160k on it and runs high 13's (but its 300lbs. heavier than a GTP) and has also been modded since new and has been beat on very hard but still has the original trans with no problems.

But on the other hand I've seen plenty of stock GTP trannies go on virtually stock GTP's with very low miles. They just aren't built the same, I don't think its completely due to driving style. Just like my STE trans went out at 79k but it isn't beat on nearly as hard as my dads TGP that has 143k on it with the original trans shifting like new.

Shawn