Compression test kit for LQ1

joey b

I picked up the compression test kit from harbor freight but can't get it to work for the LQ1. The piece that threads into the spark plug hole is 11/16 so I can't fit a socket down to tighten/untighten it.

I've never used one before and I don't understand the 2 pipelike pieces. There is a straight one and a bent one with a rubber piece at the end. Can I use this kit for the LQ1? How's it work?

the fitting that threads into the spark plug should connect to a hose, connect it and turn the hose,

spark plugs are easy to screw in with the hand so that thread should also, and u def do not need to tighten it much!!!!

I have a cheap summit compression tester and you can just thread it down in, as it has a step for both 5/8 and 13/16" spark plugs, which IIRC have metric threads anyway.

Remember, the LQ1 has holes that are about 6 inches deep before the plug ever starts to thread. Then I try to loosen it and it just unscrews the hose and the piece that threads into the head is still in there (I did get it out, though).

And what are the 2 other pieces for?

I bought a tester at autozone for like thirty bucks. It has an 8 inch hose attached pemanently to the correct thread for the LQ1 plugs (not sure what size the actual hole is.) I just twisted the hose snug to test it.