How to attach something to the floor?

PCGUY112887

Dunno who designed the interior of the 96 4 door GP, but apparentelly the cup holders were an afterthought. Their in the doors, and only allow something as short as a 12oz can to sit in there.

They have this plastic cupholder thing that looks handy at walmart for like $3, but it would require me to attach it to the hump in the floor between the driver and pass. My friend got one for his truck and just used drywall screws and screwed it into the floor :? .

Seems like that wouldne't be a good idea, to be sending screwed through who knows what, so what's the best way to secure it to the floor?

Umm, borrow some drywall screws and screw it to the floor. There is nothing in the hump that you'll hit with a reasonable length screw, the only thing in there is exhaust. Just use some 1" screws at the longest and you'll be set.

1 inch screw should be fine. You'll probably be screing into the carpet and ducts anyhow. thats whats beneath the carpet. The only wires I've ever seen in the vicinity are for the PM III brake computer loacted beneath the passenger seat, if eqquipped. but you don't have that. :)

1 inch screw should be fine. You'll probably be screing into the carpet and ducts anyhow. thats whats beneath the carpet. The only wires I've ever seen in the vicinity are for the PM III brake computer loacted beneath the passenger seat, if eqquipped. but you don't have that. :)

Actually, there is a computer under the passenger seat on the '94-'96 GP's. I think it's an Airbag computer. I can't remember if it's that or the ABS computer.