I think my car was made on Monday or Friday

Crazy K

have you ever had obvious factory defect issues like this?  

1. 1. have you ever had obvious factory defect issues like this?

• yes, but not paint
    • yes, but paint only
    • yes, both
    • Nope!

Why? Factory defects. thats why.

I am in the middle of changing my coolant temp sensor on my 95 CS w 3100 motor. My fans never turn on and the car always seems to have poor gas mileage like it is open loop, and a consistant high idle(1000rpm). No check engine light. I already swaped the tps, no effect. The sensor was screwed all the way down until the hexagonal part was touching the LIM. thats at least 3/16 of an inch too far... like they used an impact. The plastic connector had a crack as well. I couldn't budge it with a breaker bar. I finally had to plug the new sensor in to start and run the car to operating temperature. It did as I theorized ti would, run in open loop without the check engine light but hovered around 1150rpm, since the senosr would not be getting hot.(just like the defective one, but worse) The heat allowed it to break loose with the use of a breaker bar and come out. It was very resistant and had to be taken out all the way with a breaker bar. The threads in the hole are damaged and I have been screwing the new sensor in and out to sort of chase the threads. Soon it'll go back in and maybe this problem will be solved.

The other issue I had was an incomplete weld between the pipe and the resonator. it was done 7/8ths of the way around but had a long standing gap. I fixed this by forcing JB Weld into the seam, I mixed it about 2/3 metal and 1/3 hardener to resist the heat. It's been working since last year so far.

So, besides the obvious, how can you tell if your car has the case of the mondays? or fridays?

Runs in the paint yes. On my back fender in my 90 Lumina and in the LR door jamb in dad's 97 Lumina.

My mom's old 90, dude that thing was a pile. It broke from the time it had 272 on the odometer. We got rid of it at 42k... worst car aside from the 78 T-Bird my parents ever owned.

Peel off the hood liner and see if anyone used the glue affixing it to write "HA HA." I've heard stories of line workers doing stuff like that to "Friday" cars...

Peel off the hood liner and see if anyone used the glue affixing it to write "HA HA." I've heard stories of line workers doing stuff like that to "Friday" cars...

That would get someone fired! :lol: Unless they quit since they made our cars.... :lol:

Mine was made on a wensday, if you look at the manufacturing date, then look it up on a calender from 89, 90 or when ever, mines on a wensday, my cars been put together well i would say

That's actually something I would do...fuck that job would get so boring it would be fun to do something like that.

Oh, I thought of something else. On my 1990 Euro cluster there is a spot that, when you shine a light on it, or the sun, it shows "Anti-Lock". Well anti lock wasn't an option, and I believe the 90 cluster was a 90 only clsuter.....also, above the fuel guage when in certain sun shines on it there appears to be an arrow...possibly for manual tranny shift light or something?? Neither of these "lights" light up (I doubt that there are even lights in those areas).

One of "flaw" is my dash pad..it's just fucked, but like 95% of what i've seen are like that so I dunno.

One of "flaw" is my dash pad..it's just fucked, but like 95% of what i've seen are like that so I dunno.

You have a Lumina, that's a feature. :lol:

Werd.

About the clusters, every cluster for a W until 94 has the shift light. Even my 88 has an antilock light.

That's actually something I would do...fuck that job would get so boring it would be fun to do something like that.

Oh, I thought of something else. On my 1990 Euro cluster there is a spot that, when you shine a light on it, or the sun, it shows "Anti-Lock". Well anti lock wasn't an option, and I believe the 90 cluster was a 90 only clsuter.....also, above the fuel guage when in certain sun shines on it there appears to be an arrow...possibly for manual tranny shift light or something?? Neither of these "lights" light up (I doubt that there are even lights in those areas).

These aren't flaws. THey were just thinking ahead with the cluster, adding lights so that if they added abs(they could have put in PMIII!) When they finally added abs in 92 the unlight light you mention is used. And the shift arrow you mention was utilized for manual trannies. They just pre-exist, thats all. There won't be any light bulbs in them and the wiring circuit is printed for them as well, but no wires connect to cluster....

How about factory flaws, where someone goofed up while assembling your car? my 91 euro had a broken tab on the Drivers Front door panel, at the front of the cubby. Someone screw-gunned a factory screw through the panel itself to hold it down... the proper screw location was never screwed into.

Werd.

About the clusters, every cluster for a W until 94 has the shift light. Even my 88 has an antilock light.

My 88 regal has a Gate Ajar light in it. Maybe they thought of making a W station wagon :shock: :lol:

Werd.

My 88 regal has a Gate Ajar light in it. Maybe they thought of making a W station wagon :shock: :lol:

woa thad be cool, a Wagon Regal, or GP, or lumina, lol, or cutlass, id hit it

there's alot we don't know, maybe they thought about it! (could this cluster have been used in another line of cars? ie century wagon?)

p.s. Anyone read how they made two LT1 powered luminas in 1988 to experiment? One was an AWD, and at least one was a four door! it woulda been the Z-50(for 5.0 motor) :D

. Anyone read how they made two LT1 powered luminas in 1988 to experiment? One was an AWD, and at least one was a four door! it woulda been the Z-50(for 5.0 motor) :D
Check the main W-Body.com site - the article's scanned and posted on the site.

The cluster on my Regal has a "TRAC OFF" tell-tale imprinted on it, so they were at least considering adding Traction Control to the late 1G W's. Would've been easier to add than a station wagon model, that's for sure :lol: ...

u can ask any body guy thats worked at a new car store theres alot of asembely line goofs or just plain sabatage my favert was when a new lesaber came off the car haler smelling like hell when u sat in side after being scruberd twice and only geting worse the doors were taken apart . and bingo there was one roten sandwich left in side the r front door

u can ask any body guy thats worked at a new car store theres alot of asembely line goofs or just plain sabatage my favert was when a new lesaber came off the car haler smelling like hell when u sat in side after being scruberd twice and only geting worse the doors were taken apart . and bingo there was one roten sandwich left in side the r front door

:shock: Both at the story and your post.