How do I fix this window???

ToroToro

shittywindow.jpg

Well, this car keeps getting better and better. Today at the Hardees drive thru this piece of shit window went off it's track, and got stuck in that position. I managed to force it back up, and back on track...

But me being a glutton for punishment, I rolled it down again, and it went off track again. I got it back up, and that's where I'm at right now.

Anyone know WTF is wrong with it? I'm assuming this summer I'm going to have to grab the whole window track assy from a junker...but is there something easier I can do? I know jack shit about how these windows work...

Thanks

ive got the same problem, from what i understand you have to get a new clip piece that glues to the edge of the window in the front and snap it into the track again. i may be wrong but ill find out in the spring i guess.

yep gotta get the clips, or just go ahead while your at it, becaus ethe clips are just as much of a pain to put in as replacing the whole regulator... and if you would like a regulator, then I have one that I can sell you, but just LMK

on a 2 door car, it is usually a regulator that has gone bad. They are especially horrible for bending on 2 door Grand Ams! One in fifteen that I checked was good at a yard I searched :shock:

The reason is that the 2 door car have two contact points for the arms to move the windows, and unbalance of force can bend and them and cause glass tilt.

The rear clip is firmly molded into the rear portion of the glass on your twop door , i can see it in the photo. Inspect the fropn clip. if it is good it is the regulator, not your clip. 2 door only.

Open up your door panel and inspect the glass while rolling it up and down and see what catches/slips/fails.

4 doors tend to suffer broken clips, not 2 doors.

ughh my car needs a new pass window on it. It's been doing that for a long time now and the plastic clips are completely gone. I cant even find them at the bottom of the door. If anyone has done this replacement, or is going to do it, please let me know so I can see how it is done. I have no idea how to go about doing it.

i had this same exact problem with my passenger side window last summer, i ghetto fixed it, but it worked. i just put a few precicely cut layers of duct tape over where that nub is, then one layer of electrical tape over that, then smacked it back on track. and greased the track, it musta worked good since its been 10 or so months since then and it hasen't jumped track since.

i fixed a '98 monte carlo @ work that had a similar problem...basically the track and all the parts were sticking really bad...i got it back on the track and lubed it and its been fine since...although, your problem may be something broken like others have mentioned...i'm sure you'll be able to figure it out real quick if you just pull the door panel off...