MidgetOnWheels

Hey Everyone

Im taking my dash apart right now to get my gauge cluster out to fix it. But ive come to the point where im stumped. I have most of my dash apart except for one peace the top dash part, the one with the speakers in it. Its also for a 1988 grand prix se, it has the gauge cluster with analog tach,oil pressure etc... and digital speedo, gas etc...

Any Help would be great thanks!

To remove the cluster:

1. Remove one 7mm screw from underneath the dash pad through the access hole on the inside top of the glove box.

2. Remove the 2 phillips screws along the top inside edge of the instrument cluster area.

3. Lift up the top dash pad with enough force to overcome snaps, pull slightly back towards you to gain access to the underside of the HUD unit.

4. Disconnect HUD electrical connector.

5. Remove 3 7mm screws holding the instrument cluster on. Two on top and one on the bottom behind the wiper switch.

6. Disconnect the wire harness and pull out the cluster, make sure to push in the trip odometer reset button to clear the plastic cluster visor.

These are instructions for a car with HUD. I don't know what steps you can skip if you don't have a HUD.