Debadging 101 Yes? No?

Before I take a chisel and hammer to my badges I thought I would inquire w/ those in the know on the correct technique. Should I debadge at all? I have the gold GTP badges and I either am going to keep them and stay with the gold colored crosslaces or remove them and change wheels or have the crosslaces chromed.. I could also paint the rims black and keep the gold badges.Obviously I've been thinking about this for a while and can't seem to make up my mind. Maybe you'all can make it up for me...

Yeh I think thoses chromed crosslaces are pretty cool. Then again I would have to take the gold badges away...I kinda like those gold badges too and they go well w/ my tan interior but really am not to keen on the gold colored crosslaces. I have looked at some bronze colored rims that would match the badges but the selection is very limited.

What would you need to "match" the badges for? Chrome should match gold plenty well. Most Cadillacs, Lincolns, and even some Honda Accords and Toyota Camry's got gold emblems, but not gold wheels.

I'd keep the emblems, ditch the wheels.

Guest Anonymous
Most Cadillacs got gold emblems, but not gold wheels.

I saw an early to mid '90s Caddy the other day, light blue with dark blue top. When he got closer I seen his wheels. Grand Prix gold crosslace. :puke: It was so ugly.

One thing to consider. When I took the badges off of the doors on my 1988 Cutlass, there was light rust under them spelling out Cutlass Supreme. Lets just say that I put some of the newer style badges on to cover it up.

heat the badges up with a hair drier first. the glue will get sticky and soft and they should come off easier. try a fishing string to slide under the badge adn take it off. the sticky leftovers are a b*tch to get off. you WILL have a blistered thumb when done but it will be WELL worth it!

here is my debaged/shave moldings on my car:

monteclean2.jpg

monteclean3.jpg

RedZ

I like the way the redZ Monte looks. Clean. When you say shaved you mean lowered? Or what? Also if I put chrome rims on my ride the gold badges have GOT to go. It may sound gay but they simply clash too much.