Coil Packs Q....

pontiac735

Hey there....I have a crack in one of my coils,which I can see arcing when it's dark.I was gonna change it but as usual,the little bolts that hold the coil pack is corroded :x ....so I guess I'll have to take the whole thing out,which I've never had out before.So is it only 2 bolts that hold it on?And 2 harness clips?Hard to see down there without getting under it.90 STE is the car.Thanks in advance.

Blair

The ICM, which is the base that all of the coil packs are attached to, acutally has 3 bolts holding it on to the motor. there are 2 on the sides, and one on the bottom, a little to the left of the center. I know on mine, there was a coolant hose in the way, but once i put it back in, i only put in the 2 bolts on the sides, so it will be a lot easier for me to remove next time. and yes, there is only 2 wire harnesses. One on the left, and one on the right

the bolts use a funky 5.5 mm socket. If you can get one, try that before you bother taking all three bolts out. Additionally, it you pull both bolts from all three coils, they are the only thing holding the module in as well, so it's faster to do it remove it that way than to fight the three bolts.

Thanks for the replies...I wound up having to take the whole assembly out....those bolts on the coils were in hard shape,so I had to take it all out.It's finally back to normal.

Thanks