J/Y in winter HELP page 2, Move Shifter w/ no key

Pabz

Went on a walk through the junk yard, had no tools, found a couple set of headlights for HID retro fit. Anybody want any cutty lights, 20 bucks each. Good condition.

Main question is i found a 90? (production date 11/89) cutlass supreme sedan international. It had a black dash pad and console, the doors and all plastic trims were black and black vinyl(pleather) on the door panels. Was this stock or did someone go to town with black paint. I am getting this for the vert. going with black leather interior, Steering wheel is black to with steering wheel controls, would a crappy steering wheel remover work, and how to get steering wheel out without busting it up. Lots of ECC's too. how should i take the interior thermo out. I wanna upgrade the 89 with this.

Also found a euro 3.4, it has front pass side damage, its sitting on the subframe, do you think it would be easy to get the 34mm sway bar out. All DOHC's came with one right? What sockets sizes do I need? 2 brackets on each side? Anybody want anything while I am freezing my ass off.

Also wanna put buckets in the back of the conv, could i just grab them from another cutty.

Ive taken a dash out before but knowing socket sizes and location and number of screws, bolts would be great.

Main question is i found a 90? (production date 11/89) cutlass supreme sedan international. It had a black dash pad and console, the doors and all plastic trims were black and black vinyl(pleather) on the door panels. Was this stock or did someone go to town with black paint. I am getting this for the vert.

interiorclean.jpg

It's stock. I can guarantee you spray paint never met the inside of that car.

Guest TurboSedan

Main question is i found a 90? (production date 11/89) cutlass supreme sedan international.

does that car have the BYP body 'gfx' pieces? it's the black plastic strips that run under the front/rear bumper and along the sides. i need some of those :shock: i haven't been able to find anything at the j/y around here and the ones on my car are in very poor shape.

i once tried to get that fan speed conrol out for the ECC. i gave up, and in the end deleted A/C anyway. i couldn't figure out how to get that thing out :oops: good luck

Main question is i found a 90? (production date 11/89) cutlass supreme sedan international.

does that car have the BYP body 'gfx' pieces? it's the black plastic strips that run under the front/rear bumper and along the sides. i need some of those :shock: i haven't been able to find anything at the j/y around here and the ones on my car are in very poor shape.

i once tried to get that fan speed conrol out for the ECC. i gave up, and in the end deleted A/C anyway. i couldn't figure out how to get that thing out :oops: good luck

got any pics, are they on your car in your sig?? Any idea on how they are mounted. I'll take some pics and charge whatever they charge + shipping, no freezing my ass of charge!

Guest TurboSedan

yeah you can see them in my sig. they are the black plastic things that hang down below the body by about 1". they are really easy to remove, just need a phillips screwdriver IIRC. there is one piece per side, another for the front bumper, and the rear 'wrap' is either two or three pieces depending on weather it has single or dual exhaust.

thanks!!

Did the Euro have the red bowtie chenter trim panel? Also want the 3.4 badges please! 8)

center trim panel in the interior??

want the 3.4 badge and euro part too, or are they one piece.

Lock plate compressor? what the hell is that?

You don't need any special tools to do it. remove the pad on the front of the steering wheel. Remove the wheel nut. Place one knee under each bottom 1/4 of the wheel, and one hand on each top 1/4. Quick hard tug with all fours at once in the same direction will pull it off - just watch your head. I whacked mine pretty good :oops:

The the switch itself is just a few torx bolts from there.. it's very easy actually. Running the new wire strand wouldn't be that hard, at least I didn't think it was.

What if it doesnt pop?? i wanna be in and out, dont wanna get frost bite. What size torx screws for the turn signal switch.

Think any issues with this stuff being from a sedan?

Well I took the shifter handle off, and pounded it with a hammer to break it, and pulled. Worked like a charm. :lol:

Got dash, left/right console ECC, DIC, and top of the center console. Front piece of steering wheel, Couldnt get the steering wheel off and the steering wheel remover bolts would not thread into the steeting wheel. What size threads???

Found a stock harness adapter for the radio and an antenna adapter. SCHWEET.

Going back when tommorow when there is more light out. they almost forgot about us and left us in the yard :shock: $50 bucks.