tach converter for digital dash

brianteel

it is a 1990 Cutlass digi dash intl. i need to convert the signal that the tach puts out to a signal that the dash can read. i know of one guy who did it but does not have the time to make another......need 2 as of now and maybe more....

Ouch, I don't know. So it sounds like you have to make the factory cluster work with the new engine, then? Can someone put up a wiring diagram for the ub3 cluster in a 90-92 CS? This would help me solve an issue too. any other ideas?

No, we understand what you are talking about we just don't know how to do it. read this thread.

http://www.w-body.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4551&highlight=rpm+orange+wire&sid=211dbf696c1397a711c170b208fcc9c4

Basically the digi-tach doesn't read from the white wire coming from the coils like a normal analog, it recieves it's signal from the ecm... I assume you are putting in a pcm to go with the L67 engine, you need to see if that would have an identical output to the orange wire menitoned...

yes that orange wire....yes i am using the 98 GTP motor and harness and PCM....since the signal is from the ALDL connector and the GTP does not put that signal i need a converter to conver the white wire to the orn wire signal