Impala rims on Lumina

W_bodylover

I don't think there is any think 1.5 about that lumy....I think the 1.5's look like the monte's.

No I meant, like I have a 90 which is gen 1 (like above) but then my dad's 97 Lumina (1.5) .. That can't take the newer wheels because of clearance issues right? I know that the 5 star machine faced ones will not fit over the front calipers, nor will GTP or Bonneville wheels. I've tried, and found out the hard way on the 97. However, I haven't tried it on my 90. I'm curious if they will fit or not on 90-94's.

Sorry for the confused wording. Brain is semi-fried.

Read the threads I posted. I think both 10.5 and 11 rotors and calipers won't clear, but just barely, as 1/4 inch spacers correct problem... Although thicker hubbed(solid, not composite) rotors may make the same difference...

Read the threads I posted. I think both 10.5 and 11 rotors and calipers won't clear, but just barely, as 1/4 inch spacers correct problem... Although thicker hubbed(solid, not composite) rotors may make the same difference...

i think that sums it right up, RIGHT above the post you made

z34 nut said somewhere in the posts above that he had to add adapters after changin his rear brake hubs. I would not use spacers unless absolutly necessary. I would instead get rotors with the thicker hub type if you plan on ever getting such rims. ALsdo if you don't mind doing the work, you could take the hub (the hat) of old sloid thick rotors and cut away everything but it's hub surface, making sure not to leave any high spots to make some cheap-ass spacers. It's all discussed in the threads.

The rotors

autozone or advanced. You just need to make sure they are thick hubbed/ hatted. say about $110 for all four. I would get these anyhow, they increase your vehicles track width slightly(maybe 3/8 on an inch, so not much) and they seem to resist warping better the the flexible composite ones(which are characterised as have a center hub/hat that is just stamped steel, like sheetmetal.

The next rim you point out is a direct fit.

edited typo :oops:

Here, I know you don't own a newer style Lumina, but scroll down and see if you like any of these options. This is my dad's car inwhich I want to get a new set of alloy wheels to replace the stock steelies and hubcaps. I've got it narrowed down to these three options.

Now, Eurosport94 put the LTZ/Z34 wheels on his car. It looks awesome IMO, so think about that as an option too. I also believe birdman has put LS wheels on his 3.4 euro Lumina which I believe looks great as well.

Just a coupla more ideas... 8)

http://www.w-body.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=36551

3pt1lumina, thanks I'm tired and going to bed, but you remebered what I was thinking I should find.

W_bodylover, keep us up on what you do! I think the 00-05 impala rims(ones in the first links I posted, similiar to eurosport 94's, but not the same as the ones you showed us) look the best, except for the rarity and cost and the work to install. goos luck.