Update on my HUD Problems.....its a bonified 97+ HUD

AWeb80

I've got the "Check Guages" sign when the key is in accessory position....

Ya, all i have to do is change the pins....and i'll be the only 94 GP with a 97+ HUD.... :rocking:

....and the MPH numbers are bigger 8)

Justaccessoryonnew.jpg

I've got the "Check Guages" sign when the key is in accessory position....

Ya, all i have to do is change the pins....and i'll be the only 94 GP with a 97+ HUD.... :rocking:

YOU SUCK!!!! I hate you!!

So THAT was where all those problems were coming from!

hmm...seems kinda strange...other than your positioning for the brights sign it looks just like the HUD in my '94...the 97+ hud has much smaller MPH and also has a spot that shows the radio frequency and if there is a cd or tape in.

Guest Anonymous

Original HUD's got the check gauges until 93-ish and the 94-6 HUDs had the warning icons instead. the reason the turn signal, brights, etc are on becuase those pins are getting the input for an oil and battery icon. The numbers on the 97 HUD you have are much smaller than what you would have had with the 94-6 HUD. 97+ HUD's added radio frequency in the same amount of space, so the speed display shrunk in size to fit everything in the same sized unit. It will be interesting to see if the OBD2 speedometer will work in the OBD1.5 car...

It will be interesting to see if the OBD2 speedometer will work in the OBD1.5 car...

I thought my car was OBD 1, its a 94.

and thanks for correcting me on the MPH thing, i thought the 97+ was bigger..... :oops:

Maybe the only 94, but someone on ClubGP put a 97 HUD in his white 94-96 body GTP a few years ago. I think his name was Gus? He had a 97+ stereo too, so the radio station display worked.

It will be interesting to see if the OBD2 speedometer will work in the OBD1.5 car...

What difference does it make? HUD doesn't use any communication with the DLC. It's hooked directly to VSS which is the same on W's from 88 to at least 03. Only the 04+ HUDs are completely DLC driven.

Maybe the only 94, but someone on ClubGP put a 97 HUD in his white 94-96 body GTP a few years ago. I think his name was Gus? He had a 97+ stereo too, so the radio station display worked.

What difference does it make? HUD doesn't use any communication with the DLC. It's hooked directly to VSS which is the same on W's from 88 to at least 03. Only the 04+ HUDs are completely DLC driven.

Brain Teel put one in his 96 i believe and echo1999

....Thanks Shawn, I thought that was right about the VSS...as i was looking at Brian Teels pin chart....