PLEASE READ, NEED ADVICE ASAP ON VALUE

norcalstang

I know I am probably not posting this in the right section, but I have no time. I will be leaving in an hour to go purchase a 90 grand prix mclaren version 3.1 turbo ABSOLUTLY IMMACULATE, one tiny rip in leather driver seat and needs master cylender. 130k miles. New tires, fresh paint 1yr ago etc. What's this thing worth??? Thanks in advance and look forward to bieng a part of this forum.

$2000 :?: :?

You have to see what is wrong, and what the owner wants for it, then work from there. A PMIII master cylinder is AT LEAST $500. It could be something other than the M/C too, like an accumulator.

I paid $1800 for my TSTE.

Cool, hope to see some pics if you buy it.

I have never heard of a rebuild kit for the m/c, you might ask him where he saw it. Rebuilding a PMIII would be a daunting task in itself, lots of stuff in there, not like a normal m/c.

Prior Reman Inc rebuilds PMIIIs for ~$500, and they actually put a machined block in the back of the m/c to eliminate the possiblity of a leak like the factory ones do.

Make sure it has the front valance in good shape, it's hard to find them that don't.

Just have to haggle a little.

Like I said, I paid $1800 for my TSTE in pretty good shape, only the paint was dull on the hood, roof, etc. Also had a vacuum problem, so I talked him down from $2300 to 1800.

Mine had 98,000 miles also.....

Hey I just went to http://www.kragen.com put in the car info and under master cylinder it has 3 or 4 different brands (some even offer remanufactured) for $50-130. Can someone double check that and make sure that it's what I would need. Ill try to add the link... thanks

http://www.partsamerica.com/ProductList.aspx?parttype=230&searchfor=Master+Cylinder&ptset=A

Those are NOT the right master cylinder, the Turbo Grand Prix Master cylinder is the Powermaster 3, it uses an elcronicly powerd pump and accumulator to pressureize the brake fluid, instead of using engine vacuum, much much more complex, the Accumulator fails, and should be replaced now and then, also the common problem is the resvoir leaks, the Prior units i think are up to 700$ now, and dont have that problem, good luck! Search for the PM3, PMIII, or Powermaster 3

http://www.tpsgarage.com/

that site has awsome PM3 information, and the web site to get a new one

i paid 3500 for my TGP..... immaculate, like perfect in all ways, with 60000 miles

and i paid 1200 canadian for my turbo STE... 115k but needs work still runs perfectly though..... i wouldn't payover 1800 for one with 130k

oh, BTW i paid 2800$ For my TGP in okay condition, No valence, Good paint, a dent, shitty wheels, imaculent interior, not one rip or tear, and ok tires, tinted windows, perfect braking system, horrible brake pads, calipers, and rotors. 70k

looks beautiful! Awsome deal for sure! Id say if the pedal is mooshy, poor brakeing performance, and the yellow ABS light it flashing, and if u press ther pedal, the pump runs with every 1-2 pedal presses than its the accumulator, about 100$ and easiy to replace

Looks good from the small pics.

Get some bigger ones and some pics of the interior/engine. Looks to be in descent shape! Does it have a Jeff M crossover or Top GUn chip? Those are a must for the TGP's.

I agree... please get some better pics! :drool:

I've converted a PMIII system to a vacuum boostered master cylinder with abs(still not wired up yet) and upgraded the rear brakes to 94+ calipers and rotors for better stopping power.

Just some thoughts... there are alot of things you can do to make a great car better!

- Ken

What's this chip thing I've heard so much about? I think it was jeff m or somethin like that, major boost upgrade etc. etc. If anyone knows what i'm talkin about, where can I check into it?

Oh I also contacted jeffm on the chip and some other stuff and I now have a bunch of goodies on the way to beef up the TGP. I expect to be runnin high 13's low 14's VERY soon... :twisted: Wait till all my buddies in the Mustang club see nothin but the Turbo emblem on the bumper next time we line up at the track.

I like this car sooo much now, I'm selling my 12 sec stang to put more into gettin this car where I want it. It's nice already but it's gonna be real sweet when i'm done with it.

I like this car sooo much now, I'm selling my 12 sec stang to put more into gettin this car where I want it. It's nice already but it's gonna be real sweet when i'm done with it.

I'd keep the mustang if you want a decently reliable quick car. It will take a great deal of $'s to get a TGP to go pretty fast unless you can do the majority of the work yourself.

BTW, check out http://www.priorreman.com/Index.htm for a master cylinder rebuild. I got a quote back in August of this year for $732.51 + a $125 core charge(they stated they didn't have any cores at that time, so they would rebuild the unit that you send in. They could have some cores now, so call and check. :wink: ) to rebuild a PMIII unit(they replace the housing with one that will not crack again, you can read about it on that tpsgarage.com link posted above).