need help replacing coolant sensor

92Cutlass4Dr

Anyone ever replace the sensor for the coolant system? I have a feeling mine is bad because my coolant is full and it keeps saying low coolant. I want to replace the sensor before i do anything else. So my question is how hard of a project is this?

any help would be appreciated

Just to think about, maybe your idiot light is busted, I mean your cluster may be to blame, not you sensor.

Just giving you some other options, in case the sensor doesnt work

Robby

It's really an easy install. It's on the side of the radiator about 2" inches down from the top, and on mine, there was a clip to pull before the sensor came out. Now there could be two scenerios once the sensors is out:

1.) Sensor is clonged with gunk, clean it off (without using solvent) and re-install and see where that gets you.

2.) ...or the sensor is clean, but is just dead. It's a small enough part that the price from a junkyard or part retailer won't break your bank.

Hope this helps, I had condition #1 happen to me... the owner before hand used some copper stop-leak and gunked up the cooling system. That was fun to clean out... let me tell ya'...

- RedFox340