Is this car worth pursuing?

servoalt

Yesterday in The Texan parking lot, I parked behind a CS International. It looked like it was around a 1990 or so, with those ugly 5 spoke "pace car" wheels. It was dark blue with a body kit and cloth interior. I looked in and low-and-behold it was a 5-speed!! Not only that but it has a DOHC badge on the fender too!! Now, this is a HM284 car correct? Are these hard to come by? Should I go see if it's there and convince the owner to sell or is it worthless?

How much HP are the 284s good up to? I think it would be neat to either use a 284 with a 3400 in my 95, or at least use the spare 282 in the garage...

How can someone get around the computer issues on a 95 auto using a 5 speed? Has this been done?

It'd have to be a '91+ because the DOHC didn't come out 'til then, but if you think you can get the owner to sell, go for it. If it's in decent shape, it's one of the more rare W's. Not many 3.4/284 combos were made.

get some pics...and if its in at least OK shape, i'll buy the car if its a fair price. I am not kidding

It would be damn shame to see one parted out too.

Let me know

with those ugly 5 spoke "pace car" wheels

HEY. :flip:

At any rate, if you're going to buy the car just to rape it for the 5-speed, don't bother, please.. keep it all intact. These cars are way too rare for that..

Yeah, no shit. I hate when people part out cars like that. It doesn't matter if it's just a w-body, the only made just over 100 of them!

But I'd go after that car if I were you. What have you got to lose?

Go for it, it's very rare. Take care of it.

Take care of it? :lol:

I think his intention was to tear it apart, use the tranny, and throw the rest away.

How can someone get around the computer issues on a 95 auto using a 5 speed? Has this been done?

Go for it, it's very rare. Take care of it.

Take care of it? :lol:

I think his intention was to tear it apart, use the tranny, and throw the rest away.

I didn't mean it that way. :lol: I meant if he bought it, don't part it out, keep the thing in one piece. Love it, cherish it, and wash it.

exactly why i said i'd buy it if it was in even just OK shape. Honestly, I have been looking for one of these that isn't shot or costs $7500 for a long time.

I absoluely love our Quad 4 HO/282 CS, even with how beat it is...I would love this car too.

ill go to see if its there today and maybe leave a note for a price, and take pics.

the car wasnt in all that bad of shape but it had the 90s gm paint syndrome and those god aweful rims...BLECH.

i do have my 18s in the basement though...hmmmm

ill get back with you guys.

My Talon is long gone.

VVVVVVV