Any of you know how to disable limiter/governer system in

SaberZ

a 2nd Gen W-body(my impala). I find it hard that nobody online has come up with a way to defeat the limiter. Anyone have suggestions or locations where it could possibly be, and what Possible effects it will have *besides warranty

thanks in advance guys

I think it's computer based and therefore pulling anything wouldn't hlpe the situtation. You could get an 'over-ride' system or module plug in that bolts / snaps in to intercept the signal... try these places:

http://www.zzperformance.com/

http://www.thrashercharged.com/

Even though they're GP parts, it fits all 3800 Series II motors. I'm willing to bet there will be more people who know more sites / information, but for my parents Monte Carlo, these two have been good resourses for information and inspiration. Best of luck!

- RedFox340

How do you get rid of the limiter system on an older W-body like a 90 TGP? I'm just curious, as they don't have the same type of PCM module as the newer W-Bodies have. 8)

How do you get rid of the limiter system on an older W-body like a 90 TGP? I'm just curious, as they don't have the same type of PCM module as the newer W-Bodies have. 8)

Ask over on the Turbo Grand prix forums if you have the TGP a couple guys make chips. as for OBD II cars you will need a custom computer.. DHP makes one for the GP's not sure if it works on the impala.

RedZ

Ask over on the Turbo Grand prix forums if you have the TGP a couple guys make chips. as for OBD II cars you will need a custom computer.. DHP makes one for the GP's not sure if it works on the impala.

RedZ

I'm not sure if DHP makes one for the Impala that you can order and swap, but but I know they can custom tune the stock one :)

One of the best ways, and a great performance upgrade is to reflash your pcm with software from a police package equiped w-body. all you need is a serial # from a police cruiser. I have done this for a couple of guys, You get a higher top speed and improved trans shift points. If you have a # and know a GM tech you are laughing.

I want to know how to do it on my '95

One of the best ways, and a great performance upgrade is to reflash your pcm with software from a police package equiped w-body. all you need is a serial # from a police cruiser. I have done this for a couple of guys, You get a higher top speed and improved trans shift points. If you have a # and know a GM tech you are laughing.

I want to know how to do it on my '95

That's a cheaper alternative to going with a DHP PCM, but the DHPs are by far supreme :) Another way to go is to just flash your PCM if you've had your car for more than 2 years. It will unlearn what it has learned about driving habbits..and will be stock again :)