What all does FE3 have?

5speedz34

I'm wondering because I've always felt if I was swapping FE3 into a car and I would want everything. I've always felt that that includes everything Control arms, spring seats, sway bar; and for the rear the spring and the auxilary arms and everything.

What do you guys think?

The only difference is the springs, aux springs, sway bars, struts.

Spring seats, control arms, etc. are all the same.

The auxilary arms (the one on both sides of the monoleaf aren't different? I could've sworn a few years ago at the dealer they where suspension specific.

I thought it was just sway bars, springs, and maybe the front strut bearings or mounts...

Honestly though, you guys should drive my '94 with the FE1 and a Z34 rear bar and a STB. That thing gets some serious grip for a W...my dad's 'vert is FE3/FE9 and i'd really be suprised if it can outhandle my car.

Honestly though, you guys should drive my '94 with the FE1 and a Z34 rear bar and a STB. That thing gets some serious grip for a W...my dad's 'vert is FE3/FE9 and i'd really be suprised if it can outhandle my car.

You should drive my car....heh heh.

lol i bet...my car's tires are surely the limiting factor. I found this out when we were auto-xing in the rain and i started kicking ass because it was finally a level playing field.

The Quad 4 CS i'm driving now honestly handles like dog shit with the stock FE1. Body roll city!

we'll have to drive each others' cars adam if we go to that ks thing.

yeah, control arms and lateral arms are the same. struts, springs, rack as stated. if your going to change the rack, iirc the tgp rack is even closer ratio than reg. fe3

The auxilary arms (the one on both sides of the monoleaf aren't different? I could've sworn a few years ago at the dealer they where suspension specific.

Nope, I'm pretty sure they're the same.

You should drive my car....heh heh.

Mine too, it rides like it's on rails. The ride is STIFF and it doesn't lean at all. The steering is stiff too, no one-handed steering possible.

The steering is stiff too, no one-handed steering possible.

I notice the steering on my car is like that too....well stiffer then every other vehicle I've driven including my dad's Suburban.

What racks do we have?? Or do we have different ones? Al I know is my car has F41 suspension...if that helps at all

i'm intrested to know what all racks were avaliable, because theres gotta be about 5 or so that you could get over the years. whats odd in my z34 the power steering is nice and stiff wheras in my brothers z34 when he had it it was very soft, and both cars were the same year.

Mine PS assist isn't very much at all - I'm not complaining, I like it like that. The assist in my mom's CL is WAY too much....you could drive that car with your pinky finger if needed lol.

The part number used for my rack (it was replaced by my grandma before she gave the car to me)...

RP6348 if that helps find out what I have... that part number may or may not be a GM number...probably not as it wasn't replaced by GM...replaced by a local shop in Moose Jaw...did a great job too, steering is tighter then a nun's....

Mine and Josh's TSTE were (obviously) very identical and mine has a slightly tighter steering feel to it. Josh's felt just slightly easier to turn. I think that P/S pump age/wear and also rack age/wear could have something to do with it, but who knows.

My step dad's Euro has really tight steering, as well as my FE3 Beretta.

According to my 1990 Grand Prix Sport Sedans brochure:

Steering Ratio

15.7:1 on LE; 15.7:1 with Sport Effort on STE

Turns Lock to Lock

2.89 on LE

2.6 on STE

Turning Circle

38.9 ft on LE

40.5 on STE.

I could have sworn I read that the FE3 used a quick ratio rack that was something like 14:1. :? I wouldn't think a factory brochure would be wrong, but it very well could be.

I don't remember what rack my car has in it anymore, but I did post a steering rack chart awhile back, like 2yrs ago or so.

Yeah, you did there are about 100 different racks.

The best way to go is to get the one for the TGP there the quickest ratio.

I'm done with this post, so feel free to hijack!