Key Less entry Install

ExZion

Not too hard, I want to do that. I have the wiring diagram, but you must find the OEM keyless box, hidden beneath the rear deck cover, and factroy transmitter(s).

I got one from a CS and one from a Regal, but the regal had a completely different wiring setup than the CS(but same box?). (and 94 and 95 seem the same btw)

I can give you the wire codes if needed.

i was just wondering if the wireing harnessing is the same. so it sounds like its a plug and play deal? if i go to the junk yard and grab a box i can install it in my car without messing with the harness?

No you can't. The harness connector is lacking. you would have to run wires, and add the trunk selonoid and release switch as well if they are lacking.

p.s. ie cut off as much harness as you can, being sure to keep the connector in the trunk that you ground to reprogram the system, as well.

When i pulled the CS one I got, I kept the entire harness, and extracted only the wires for the remote box, you should have 9 wires, including the short black one that goes to the reprogram connector in the trunk.

might wanna try the SEARCH function...its been done before...TRUST ME! :wink:

EDIT: here's my post... http://www.w-body.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=30037&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=rke&start=0 ...i never got it working completly right...but it does lock and unlock...the illuminated entry doesnt work...and i never got around to wiring up the trunk release...i guess i should do that one of these days... :lol:

I cheaped out when I had my 95 GP and installed a Bulldog RKE from JCWhitney. $35 for the RKE system, and less than 2 hours to install. The added bonuses to the Bulldog system were 1.) It flashed the parking lights, unlike the factory RKE systems (except it would play the "lights on" dinger in tune with the parking lights being flashed :lol: ) and 2.) It had a greater range than my Regal's factory RKE. The BD system also did not have Progressive Locking, but that wasn't a huge deal to me...