Early x-mas from the JY (update: install pictures)

Hairdo12

looks like a 12 volt power supply from radioshack to me.

that is exactly what it is.

There are not many wires:

I was hoping to find where I wrote this down but couldn't so I finally got it for you.

The pins of the DIC you'll need to hook up:

A1(ORG),A2(PINK/BLK),A6(DK.GRN),A7(ORG),A8(BLK),B3(GREY),B6(PPL)B8(BLK)

A1-constant 12v - sourced fron cig. light circuit which only lights seat controls.

A2-ign. 12v - pink wire for steering column(there are better places though, put mine there cause it was easy but I will be moving it)

A6-speed input - guage cluster DK GRN pin D5 or D13 for base cluster.

A7-data input - orange wire from the ALDL diagnostic connector

A8- ground - cig light circuit

B3-dimmer - cig light circuit

B6- fuel level ind. - guage cluster PPL pin C5 or C13 for base cluster.

There are other wires mainly the panel light, and other dimmer line that you would think are necessary but aren't hooked up. No one has been able to tell me what they are for so I'm not sure where to hook them up but it seems to work fine without. Everything works, I think :roll:

I'm sure that some things can be sourced from better spots but I haven't had any problems yet. Still I offer no guarantee nor do I take any responsability if you listen to me, :lol:

Enjoy,

I actually have a vacation day planned for tomorrow so I will have time to play with it in the car.

Here are some pictures of the what it looks like installed. I plan on spraying the housing maroon onces the temp gets warmer (high today of 23F). I am also going to try and tint the screen with the same tint as my ub3 and see if I can get the display to be more blue.

7.jpg

6.jpg

4.jpg

I would change out the wood grain to euro black woodgrain, paint the column black, (like euros) and get a Euro black steering wheel. Unless you really like the red.

But other than that, SWEEEET!

Thanks all! Yeah it only took about 45 minutes to put in. I thought about changing the wood grain but I kinda grew on me.

I gotta find a scanner to scan some of my old pictures of the car when I first got it...when it still had white walls.

Umm.. how about changing the digi-thingy to mave matching woodgrain?

just a thought.

I can't blame you, I have woodgrain in mine, but I do have the black euro column and wheel installed.

See, I got bored with my woodgrain trim stuff, so I switched over to the Euro interior pieces. Will I ever switch back? maybe. I still like how it all looks together though in your ride.

Guest Anonymous
sweet, next mod, mines wont stop the Ck Fuel bull shit, but anyway, thats a cool thing to rig up, once again, another thing the luminas didnt get

Mine does that also (VFD) but i'm blaming that on incompatiability with the digital gauge cluster, for some reason which will be theorized about for centuries to come.

I put three gallons in my tank and the range jumped up to 74 miles. I'm gonna cut the power to the memory on the thing and let the tank run to near empty and fill it up and see if I can get a number more in line of what is expected.

When I was bench testing this thing I set the fuel to both +12 and ground like when I was testing the ub3. IIRC it was setting the fuel line to ground on the ub3 that made the gage go to empty... the check fuel didnt change on the dic when I did this to it.

This leads me to believe the DIC could possibly "learn" the resistance of the line instead of having values hard coded. However I could be wrong.

I'm gonna go back and grab all the sensors I can with as much wire as I can get... I hear this is very hard work to put together but eh its a long winter.

Those fuel range calculators are awesome when they function correctly. The one in my uncle's Silverado is accurate within a few kilometers. This summer he coasted into town on fumes and it said "range: low" lol