HUD and DIC Electrical problems.Ghosts?update......PICS PG 2

AWeb80

Ok, so when i plug the headlight switch in yes the HUD and DIC do work then.....

I also forgot, the headlights don't turn on...but the parking and fogs do....? :bash:

WIth just the key turned forward, no car running

And i've got some wierd items showing on the HUD.....i've got

:NO lights on

:NO Blinkers on

:and half a tank of gas

why does this still have them showing?

untitled.jpg

Ok, so when i plug the headlight switch in yes the HUD and DIC do work then.....

I also forgot, the headlights don't turn on...but the parking and fogs do....? :bash:

WIth just the key turned forward, no car running

And i've got some wierd items showing on the HUD.....i've got

:NO lights on

:NO Blinkers on

:and half a tank of gas

why does this still have them showing?

untitled.jpg

What do you have plugged in and turned on when it shows this?

How old are your battery, alternator, and turn signal switch?

I have the HUD Switch and the headlight swith plugged in and key turned to accessory.

the Dic and Hud both work...and also when i turn right, the left hud signal blinks and vice versa

I have the HUD Switch and the headlight swith plugged in and key turned to accessory.

the Dic and Hud both work...and also when i turn right, the left hud signal blinks and vice versa

Geez odd. How old is your turn signal switch? The one inside the column. Has that switch given you ANY problems yet?

Ummmm, I don't think our HUD is suppost to come on in the accesory position. All the one's I've seen haven't.

Ummmm, I don't think our HUD is suppost to come on in the accesory position. All the one's I've seen haven't.

:werd: Somehow, something's crossed. Did you get a '96 HUD/DIC? Is your car a '96? I know the '95 and '96 DIC's weren't compatible, but I don't know about the HUD's.

Guest Anonymous

The more and more i read this, it almost sounds like your HUD unit is bad if its displaying the icons for no reason. Also, Did you plug the HUD in backwards? When you turn it to the acessory or whatever, it should display the battery and oil temp icons. Somethings wrong. I'd check to see if its plugged in right.

The more and more i read this, it almost sounds like your HUD unit is bad if its displaying the icons for no reason. Also, Did you plug the HUD in backwards? When you turn it to the acessory or whatever, it should display the battery and oil temp icons. Somethings wrong. I'd check to see if its plugged in right.

I got everything from Heza and he said he got it from a guy who had a 94....

and yes the hud is in correctly...it only plugs in one way.

Does anyone have any wiring diagrams for the HUD?....i'd like to double check the wires and see if some are crossed....i might just unhook them....i'll do all this when i get the new switch....i'll see if that is the problem....and i'll get a new hud switch too.

If only the MPH worked, that would be ok with me....i don't (need) the others..... :shrug:

Guest Anonymous

I find it very ironic that you, who was very skeptical about this project, has encountered so many problem with something that is a 5 minute job.

Its not your headlight switch(the icons part), maybe either you HUD is wired wrong (factory error) or the HUD unit is bad.

I find it very ironic that you, who was very skeptical about this project, has encountered so many problem with something that is a 5 minute job.

:werd:

Its not your headlight switch(the icons part), maybe either you HUD is wired wrong (factory error) or the HUD unit is bad.

I know, i want to check the wiring,.....where do i find a wiring diagram?