HUD and DIC Electrical problems.Ghosts?update......PICS PG 2

AWeb80

I've got the Hud and dic all wired up and the temp sensor good to go and now i try the key and see if everything works and the HUD is on, but no DIC...

So i turn the HUD off and teh DIC comes on...wtf?....I turn the HUD on, and the DIC shuts off.....aaahhhrrgg.

and the HUD dimmer rotation knob does not dim the HUD...?

I took this apart and cleaned it...a few of the connections are bent...like on the rotating knob..would this cause the DIC/HUD ON/OFF problem?

...untitledbetter.jpg

and my headlight swith turns on the parking lights and fogs....but no headlights....

What is goin on...

Can you seperate the switches? IIRC, they don't seperate, but it's been a long while since I've last had mine apart. If not, I don't think that HUD switch for 20some bucks is going to work. All I remember being able to remove is the foglight switch.

You've double-checked your wiring on the temp sensor? Didn't cross anything?

The english/metric for the HUD is switched thru the trip computer, so they are interlaced somehow. It really sounds like there is something crossed.

Otherwise, I'll place my cash on the idea of a bad switch if there are no bare/crossed/bad grounded wires.

I did nothing with the wiring except hook up the temp sensor and it is reading correctly....

I have teh foglight and HUD switches both out....

I took the HUD swith apart and there are some bad looking connections in there... :cry:

I did nothing with the wiring except hook up the temp sensor and it is reading correctly....

I have teh foglight and HUD switches both out....

I took the HUD swith apart and there are some bad looking connections in there... :cry:

Welp grab the new HUD switch from GM and it outta work the way it should. Electrical problems suck. One small thing can go wrong and affect other seemingly-unlreated components.

For that price, I wouldn't dare say.

If you KNOW its a HUD switch, yet aren't sure as to whether or not its just what you have circled or the entire thing, it SURE isn't the entire thing.

Guest Anonymous

That sounds like the switch... what do you mean you turn the HUD on and the DIC goes off... the HUD should always be on. But then again you can dim it alll the way to off.

These green digital displays have two power sources... One illuminates it durning the day, and when you put on the headlights that source is cut off and another opened up at a presumably lower voltage. Maybe something is messed up in the switch like that. The "daytime" power source isnt working properly... Does it work with the headlights on? Is the red arrow illuminated, or is it dead completely?

Ok UPDATE

When i have ONLY the Hud switch plugged in

untitledbetter.jpg,

the Hud comes on and the DIC is off....and my turn signals are backward....when turning right the left hud signal flashes and vise versa. If I dim the HUD all the way off, the Dic comes on....

BUT

When i plug in the HUD swith & the Headlight switch

HUDHeadlightswitch.jpg

the DIC and HUD BOTH work...?

I don't understand this....

and with all of this going on the HUD ALWAYS stays the same brightness and I can't dim it down or brighten it....so I don't know if its all the way bright or just part way.

Is it the switch's causing this?, cause the wires look fine.

Guest Anonymous

the headlight switch and the HUD switch are supposed to both be plugged in at the same time. The DIC display gets its power somewhere along the lines from the headlight switch.

Ok, so when i plug the headlight switch in yes the HUD and DIC do work then.....

I also forgot, the headlights don't turn on...but the parking and fogs do....? :bash:

and the dome lights and interior lights don't work.

So, i'm getting a new headlight switch sent to me this week....hopefully that takes care of all the problems

even with the headlight swith in, the HUD still doesn't dim.....i tired the original one that came with the car AND the one that was sent with the HUD....i think the HUD switch and the headlight switch are both bad....

Well, Zach (Heza) is truely DA MAN, he is sending me and extra headlight switch that he had laying around just in case...

Thanks DUDE

:kiss:

ok dude...please lets not have any kissing. my buddy kissed me friday night and i was so caught off guard it was rather intimidating.

yeah, ill get that switch out to ya tomorrow...sorry again for the craziness.

oh dude...its cool. ive been in your situation before with my car when it would power down, lose power, lights clipping, etc...for 3 weeks. not to mention with my cooling system issues that lasted for a good month or so after my waterpump went out.