What can i fit in my trunk?

colwell

What should i put in my trunk?  

1. 1. What should i put in my trunk?

• 4 moderately poewered 12's
    • 3 above moderately powered 12's
    • 2 high powered 12's
    • 2 high powered 15's

you can fit 4 Rockford HX 212s in there. My roommate has 2 behind the bench seat of his 92 regular cab dakota. They fit in a relatively small box and can hold 1200 Watts.

Robby

It all depends on how much trunk space you want!

what kind of music do you listen to? If you like stuff like metallica with tight bass, then 10s or 12s would be best. If you like low bass, like a lot of rap go for 12s or 15s. Keep in mind you need to be very careful about ohm loads when you hook up the subs. It can get tricky with odd numbers of subs or dual voice coils.

I'm assuming you're looking at the 4 channel amp, you could run 4 subs at 300 watts rms each if you had 4 dual-voice-coil subs (4 ohm voice coils). You would wire the voice coils on each sub in parallel and 2 subs in parallel on each side of the amp (bridged). The end result is a 1 ohm load on each side of the amp.

Subs that i know of that are available in Dual-4-ohm voice coils and run at about 300 watts include the JL audio W3v2, kicker comp VR, Alpine Type-R, and the Eclipse 87121 DVC.

Most amps I look at are two ohm mono stable and ohm levels really shouldn't be an issue. My friend has a jl audio w3v2 and it hit real well with moderate power. Phoenix gold, Ma audio, or rockford fosgate old style amp would be nice to have. Im thinking about some compvr's with a punch 800.2 or maybe 4 alpine e's.

I had 2 12's but I ended up taking it out and replacing it with a single 10" Kicker Bass tube with a built in amp and xover. I get the same bass output as my old setup (maybe more) and I lost ~40 lbs in the trunk and got a bunch of trunk space back.

I have two Oz Audio 12s in my trunk and they are severly underpowered but the punch like nothin else! I basically built a box that runs the length of the rear of the trunk with an amp rack under glass in between the two subs. Its not REALLY fancy but it looks good and was pretty easy & cheap to build. Plus I still have most of my trunk space left!

I might keep my two cadence z 10" subs and just get a better amp. My orion 4 channel sucks and i cant bridge the channels cuz the power is uneven to each sub due to a shitty amp. So, I am running my subs bridged in parralel and it sounds great......until it overheats. heh :D

im partial to 10's. 2 10s=good. i like the way any 10 sounds over 12s. 12s may hit harder but 10s just give so much more quality, deeper, nicer, clearer sounding bass imo. or maybe im retarded :?:

I like my JL 12W1's in a sealed box. They are very tight and controlled without any sloppiness.

A sealed box will get you more accurate bass, but a ported box is more efficient and gets you louder bass.

im partial to 10's. 2 10s=good. i like the way any 10 sounds over 12s. 12s may hit harder but 10s just give so much more quality, deeper, nicer, clearer sounding bass imo. or maybe im retarded :?:

they don't hit as deep/loud but it is much more crisp. smaller subs have better responce. smaller speakers can move faster to keep up with the music. also a polly/solid cone will sound better then a paper cone because there is less flexing in the cone itself. thats why the "ECLIPSE" subs sound crisp. It has an alluminum cone that doesn't flex. I personally like my 12's just for the lower tones and total sound output. I have Pioneer premiere 12's. sound good and hit HARD.. my buddy had 4 MTX 12's in his intrepid and my car flat out pounded harder w/ my 2 12's. his where in accurate spec boxes per MTX and mine where in a generic box roughly the correct size.

My new setup should hit harder yet.. Going to be EXACTLY to spec and each will have their own seporate airspace.. they currently share a box that is undivided. when you run 2 subs off seproate amps in the same airspace then then don't hit quite as hard becaue they are pushing different sounds at the same time and kind of neutralize one another out a little.

RedZ