Heated Washer Fluid!

supreme_style21

i heard about this on tv the other day...

heating the tank sounds like a good idea, but it would take a lot of time to warm it up.

for winter starts, an electric heater is the best idea. since it is inline, it will warm the fluid faster

im down here in florida, so im not in that big of hurry, i was thinking about wrapping the fluid hose around the coolent return line. then covering them in heat reflective tape. to seal in the heat. but this probably only work for the first burst of fluid....

maybe wrap a metal line around the exhaust Xover pipe? need to find away to keep the rubber hose from melting at the attachememt to the metal... but the heat should be high enough to give repeatable hot fluid.but the fluid in the line would most likely boil... so use the Xover heatshield?...

just trying to find somthing that will heat up fast and not get too hot...hope these ideas spawn some others.... maybe we can figure out a cheep way to do this.... but after seeing $50 for one... that is pretty cheep.

CanadianTire on sale for 49.95C$ windshield washer Heater Tried to link it for you failed

now try finding that for sale in the US. Canadian Tire doesnt ship to US and there are no US stores selling that. There are a couple entires on ebay for the Motormaster unit but they all start at $99

:roll:

And I was refering to using the stock washer fluid resivoir, and making a custom upper rad. hose that would run from the rad., under the washer fluid resivior, then back over to the thermostat housing. Though... might be a tad eaiser with a coolant bottle that is mounted right beside the radiator :wink:

I would make several holes in the washer container and connect them via a set of plastic tubes, and then run the hose from the radiator through those tubes. It certianly would decrease the capacity of the tank though. Kind of like an intercooler or a radiator.

I would make several holes in the washer container and connect them via a set of plastic tubes, and then run the hose from the radiator through those tubes. It certianly would decrease the capacity of the tank though. Kind of like an intercooler or a radiator.

Slightly confused on that one. It still has to go thru the pump somehow.

Someone awhile back said he just connected the pump outlet to some tubing which he wrapped around the radiator hose. He said it worked great, and very cheap. If you need it to heat up faster, you could even use copper tubing around the radiator hose.

yeah!! thin copper tubing around the exhaust !!!!!!! that will get the fluid hot!!! as long as the cold fluid doesnt crack the tubing.... OR

you could just use alcohol for wiper fluid!!! that would melt any ice and if you want it hot... just throw a spark plug at the end of the sprayer !!!!!!!!!!!!